Notices

Dent in roof about softball size

Old 10-24-2013, 06:54 PM   #1
HXC is on a distinguished road
Navy: Fire Controlman
Name: Cory
HXC's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Dent in roof about softball size

So the wife used the truck to help a buddy move a couch while I was on deployment and I noticed the other day that there was a dent in the roof that looked like someone braced themselves on it get the couch in the bed. I looked at prices for dent removal and the softball size dent was going to cost at least $150. I didn't want to pay that much and my wifes input was to ignore it. I wasn't going to do either so I decided to look at suction cups to try and pull the dent out then I saw the 3M sticky hooks at ACE hardware and the light went off in my head. So I picked up a 2 pack of hooks and it came with 4 double sided sticky strips and after washing the truck I took one and stuck it right in the center of the dent and pulled up. The dent came right out with minimal effort and Im happier than a pig in S#*! mostly because it was gone and I didn't pay $150. I suggest anyone who has a dent try it because the doublesided tape pulls right off when you pull the tab to remove the hook and leaves no residue.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:00 PM   #2
CASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
CASTRATE's Tacoma Gallery
Wife's truck has a ton of dents. May have to give this a go
Old 10-24-2013, 08:30 PM   #3
Colt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
Colt562's Tacoma Gallery
That or hear up around the dent with a hair dryer. Moving it around without focusing it on one spot. Once it's warm hit it with a can of compressed air turned upside down. Should pop right out. Look at the videos on YouTube.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:36 PM   #4
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
I got a pops a dent tool for 20 bucks and it removed a dent off my trucks rppf with a little work