LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Warning (Mequiars Endurance tire spray)

Old 10-26-2013, 04:53 PM   #1
Smurf it.
Guerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: 00
Guerrilla's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Warning (Mequiars Endurance tire spray)

Thought I would warn everyone about Mequiars Endurance tire spray. If you do get and use it, first allow it set up for a long time and if you get any on your wheels or paint, get it off quickly. After you drive down the road a bit, pull over and make sure it hasn't slung on your paint, if so get it off THEN..

Months ago I didn't realize it wasn't dry enough and went on a long ride and noticed too late that it had slung all over the sides of my truck.. It is still on after numerous washes and attempts at removing with automotive base paint reducer and lacquer thinner.

I actually called Mequiars and they recommended Isopropyl Alcohol. So today I tried some 91% Isopropyl and it helped a "little" on some of the smaller spots, It may work better before it really dries, but DAM this stuff is on, it's ridiculous.
Old 10-26-2013, 05:05 PM   #2
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
This should do the trick.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:04 PM   #4
spiralout462 is on a distinguished road

spiralout462's Tacoma Gallery
I only use gels and let them cure overnight. Endurance, slinging or not has proven to be a greasy dirt magnet for me. I'm always looking for that low gloss natural sheen.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #5
JKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
JKU3000's Tacoma Gallery
Ehhhhhh
Old 11-12-2013, 08:54 PM   #6
Smurf it.
Guerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: 00
Guerrilla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steves104x4 View Post
This should do the trick.
Yeah so I tried some the other day, didn't work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralout462 View Post
I only use gels and let them cure overnight. Endurance, slinging or not has proven to be a greasy dirt magnet for me. I'm always looking for that low gloss natural sheen.
Yeah you're right about it being a dirt magnet. I only tried it the one time, didn't care for the look either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKU3000 View Post
Ehhhhhh
Not sure what you're gettin at, but O kehhh
Old 11-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #7
Mrallank is on a distinguished road
Mrallank's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerrilla View Post
Thought I would warn everyone about Mequiars Endurance tire spray. If you do get and use it, first allow it set up for a long time and if you get any on your wheels or paint, get it off quickly. After you drive down the road a bit, pull over and make sure it hasn't slung on your paint, if so get it off THEN..

Months ago I didn't realize it wasn't dry enough and went on a long ride and noticed too late that it had slung all over the sides of my truck.. It is still on after numerous washes and attempts at removing with automotive base paint reducer and lacquer thinner.

I actually called Mequiars and they recommended Isopropyl Alcohol. So today I tried some 91% Isopropyl and it helped a "little" on some of the smaller spots, It may work better before it really dries, but DAM this stuff is on, it's ridiculous.
Thanx, ill steer clear of this stuff