Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Anyone steam clean your engine?

Old 11-06-2013, 06:08 PM   #1
nextfriday is a name known to allnextfriday is a name known to allnextfriday is a name known to allnextfriday is a name known to allnextfriday is a name known to allnextfriday is a name known to all

nextfriday's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone steam clean your engine?

I've never done it on any vehicle I've ever owned. It showed. A buddy of mine cleans all his vehicle motors yearly, with a power washer using hot water. His Motors with 100,000 miles look spotless. Wondered if anyone hit the 4.0 liter with water and what your results were? I always cringe when I think of wires and water.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:16 AM   #4
Mr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
Mr. Sparkle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nextfriday View Post
I've never done it on any vehicle I've ever owned. It showed. A buddy of mine cleans all his vehicle motors yearly, with a power washer using hot water. His Motors with 100,000 miles look spotless. Wondered if anyone hit the 4.0 liter with water and what your results were? I always cringe when I think of wires and water.

not something I do all that often. But if you cover some of the electrical components and alternator with foil or baggies - and use lower pressure (garden hose - no pressure washer) then you will likely be fine

the pressure washer under the hood makes me nervous because although the engine bay can get wet, you're forcing moisture into some tight spots with the pressure washer
Old 01-04-2014, 06:37 PM   #5
StormRunner is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
StormRunner's Tacoma Gallery
I steam clean mine about once a month and I like the out come. As far as water and electrical goes don't worry about it. Never had an issue, all your connectors are a sure seal or amp seal connection which has a couple gasket like rubber on each end of the connector.