Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Cleaner wax. When is best to use it?

Old 03-14-2009, 03:20 PM   #1
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
Cleaner wax. When is best to use it?

I just wash, polish and wax.

Sometimes I wash, claybar and wax.

And sometimes I wash, and just wax.

My question is, when is a cleaner wax to be used? If I were to use a cleaner wax, would'nt it make more sense just to polish it, then wax?
Old 03-19-2009, 07:57 PM   #2
lasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant future
Navy: Lead PO Submarine Reactor Control Dvision
lasllc's Tacoma Gallery
If you want to wax. . .wax; if you need to clean then clean.

It is just not possible to do two conflicting jobs at the same time and expect to get a good result; those products are for folkes that just dont want to put in the time to do a quality job.

If you need a quick shine up use a quality detailer to get you to your nexrt regular polish and wax.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:33 PM   #3
www.BeLikeBrit.org
fletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
fletch aka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasllc View Post

It is just not possible to do two conflicting jobs at the same time and expect to get a good result; those products are for folkes that just dont want to put in the time to do a quality job.

If you need a quick shine up use a quality detailer to get you to your nexrt regular polish and wax.
I really like the detailer sprays. My truck is garaged so that helps, I wax only a couple of times a year but use the detailer after every wash. Right now I'm using Meguiars Ultimate Quick Detailer and I really like it. Prior to this one I used Meguiars Quick Detailer for a number of years.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:28 AM   #4
lasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant future
Navy: Lead PO Submarine Reactor Control Dvision
lasllc's Tacoma Gallery
Maquires is good; about to finish up the container I have.

I have since moved on to Griots Garage products. Like them a lot better. have used them on aircraft for years and they last longer than any thing else.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:45 AM   #5
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasllc View Post

OK, this is why I posted the question.

Seems doing one full task, then another, like polishing then waxing is best.

I'm going to skip the cleaner wax.