Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

patching up the front liscense plate holes

Old 03-17-2009, 07:39 PM   #1
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
patching up the front liscense plate holes

What color epoxy or watever I should use to make the holes almost disappear
Old 03-17-2009, 07:42 PM   #2
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
looks like you have a blue truck....

Your going to want to use a body filler if you want to do it right.

Just make it easy and get bumper plugs.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:46 PM   #3
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah but I want it to look good
Old 03-17-2009, 07:47 PM   #4
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Plugs just dont do it for me
Old 03-17-2009, 07:47 PM   #5
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
Yeah but I want it to look good
Do you have the Indigo ink paint touch up bottle?
Old 03-17-2009, 08:05 PM   #6
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Nah I plan on getting that when I actually do this. But I havent seen our color on OEmPAints
Old 03-25-2009, 11:33 AM   #7
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
bump
Old 03-25-2009, 12:18 PM   #8
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
If you're not into doing the plugs.... you're talking a full blown filler/paint. Got Metallic paint? That'll be hard to match. You might have to repaint the entire bumper.

Take it to a paint shop and get an estimate - why not?

When I bought my truck - the holes were already there because the truck came from MD (PA doesn't need front plates). I forced the dealer to fix the holes. They did the repair/paint job to repair it. It's OK, but if you look....I can still see where the holes were.

You're probably better off having plugs that are supposed to be there than a half-assed repair & repaint job that people will notice. (did that make sense?)
Old 03-25-2009, 12:45 PM   #9
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
If you're not into doing the plugs.... you're talking a full blown filler/paint. Got Metallic paint? That'll be hard to match. You might have to repaint the entire bumper.

Take it to a paint shop and get an estimate - why not?

When I bought my truck - the holes were already there because the truck came from MD (PA doesn't need front plates). I forced the dealer to fix the holes. They did the repair/paint job to repair it. It's OK, but if you look....I can still see where the holes were.

You're probably better off having plugs that are supposed to be there than a half-assed repair & repaint job that people will notice. (did that make sense?)

I dont know if Indigo Ink is metallic or not.

Well maybe I should get plugs becuase its going to be a temporary fix, until I can afford an AP bumper (or ARB)

And yes thats made sense
Old 04-04-2009, 12:19 PM   #11
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
I used bumper plugs many times. For our BMWs. Indigo Ink has been discontinued so it will probably be SUPER hard and expensive to find me a set of plugs
Old 04-04-2009, 06:20 PM   #12
foxracinfor20 has a spectacular aura aboutfoxracinfor20 has a spectacular aura aboutfoxracinfor20 has a spectacular aura about
Marines: mals 13 airframes
Name: doug
foxracinfor20's Tacoma Gallery
i talked to a body shop about just repainted the bumper and it was like 400 bucks i think i am gonna rhino line my bumpers and my flares for about 30 bucks
Old 04-04-2009, 06:49 PM   #13
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
dap some black paintable silicone and get touch up paint. its not the best fix but it beats $400 to repair it.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:02 PM   #14
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Or just get a ARB bumper!!!!!!