LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Wax for scratches?

Old 04-28-2008, 10:58 PM   #21
Mod Master
pb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the rough

pb2themax's Tacoma Gallery
To fix scratches you need a polish, not wax. Polish and wax are different. Many companies can confuse you though by calling a wax a polish.

A real polish is made to clean and repair paint. It works like liquid sand paper. The polish is smoothing out that scratch and making it appear to disappear. Polish doesn't leave any kind of protectant on the paint.

A wax is just for protecting paint and adding gloss.

If your paint has scratches or swirls then you need to polish it first, and then once the paint is repaired then you should apply wax. Polishing is a very important step, and it can take some time and effort. If you do a good polish job then it will make your wax job look better.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:08 AM   #22
stevedidj is on a distinguished road
stevedidj's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody got any positive or negative feedback about Quixx scratch removal system? I put a scratch in my Impulse Red 2008 last weekend - most reviews point toward Quixx as the best bet. Any suggestions? The scratch does not break through the color layer to the primer, and was abraded by the end of a fiberglass tree-trimming pole, so it's wide and looks like a pencil-width sandpaper swath.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:24 AM   #23
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
IMO stuff called GS-27 that comes in a tube sold at auto stores. It sort of robs some pigment from the surrounding area as you swirl it around and fills in the scratches pretty well. Then you have to put a wax on it.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:27 AM   #24
My Toys.....
TRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to all

Name: TRDGRL
TRDGRL's Tacoma Gallery
Adam's Premium Car Care Products has a Swirl & Haze Remover that takes away scratches and you can follow up with their Buttery Wax.....

www.adamshawaii.com

www.adamspolishes.com
Old 09-14-2008, 02:00 AM   #25
Protected by GSD security systems
Nimbus 2008 is on a distinguished road

Nimbus 2008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedidj View Post
Anybody got any positive or negative feedback about Quixx scratch removal system? I put a scratch in my Impulse Red 2008 last weekend - most reviews point toward Quixx as the best bet. Any suggestions? The scratch does not break through the color layer to the primer, and was abraded by the end of a fiberglass tree-trimming pole, so it's wide and looks like a pencil-width sandpaper swath.
Though this is a late reply, I figured its good to share for people using search on this product. I just used Quixx on some bad scratches... they came out perfectly! I highly recommend this.
Old 09-14-2008, 02:12 AM   #26
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
I'm glad you revived this thread. I got some nice information in here.