Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Scuffed Headlights

Old 03-19-2009, 07:49 PM   #1
Displaced Texan
MotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to all

Air Force: 1LT
MotoXFreeStyle61's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MotoXFreeStyle61 Send a message via MSN to MotoXFreeStyle61
Scuffed Headlights

My headlight is scuffed really bad. Don't know how. Probably ran to close to a bush or something. Is there anyway I can polish it to get it out or am I just going to have to suck it up and get a new headlight. (Expensive). I've tried using Meguiar's PlastX Clear Plastic Cleaner & Polish several times to try to get the scratches out but doesn't seem to work. The scratches don't seem too deep. Any help much appreciated.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:51 PM   #2
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
I use the Plast-X with my orbital buffer. Gets them really shiny. Even did on my girlfriends Taurus, those things were so yellow and scratched she'd have failed inspection in states that have it. Came out like new.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:51 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXFreeStyle61 View Post
My headlight is scuffed really bad. Don't know how. Probably ran to close to a bush or something. Is there anyway I can polish it to get it out or am I just going to have to suck it up and get a new headlight. (Expensive). I've tried using Meguiar's PlastX Clear Plastic Cleaner & Polish several times to try to get the scratches out but doesn't seem to work. The scratches don't seem too deep. Any help much appreciated.
get a mothers powerball mini, and a cordless drill, and try using the plastx with that. it helped the lights on the wifes accord greatly. gs27 on the mini works pretty good too.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:52 PM   #5
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Plast-X and a mini-ball. Even better idea. Wouldn't waste as much as I do with my orbital.

Edit - quote didn't work (?) credit to Will.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:53 PM   #7
AKA: Jake the Wolf
kristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant future

kristopherl's Tacoma Gallery
I thought I remembered seeing a commercial using that Mothers Ball that Chip Foose advertises to clear up scratched lenses. I don't know.. maybe I'm making it up I would think that buffing them might help
Old 03-19-2009, 07:58 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristopherl View Post
I thought I remembered seeing a commercial using that Mothers Ball that Chip Foose advertises to clear up scratched lenses. I don't know.. maybe I'm making it up I would think that buffing them might help
it works excellently man.