Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Opti coat

Old 01-10-2014, 10:21 AM   #1
Phil5393 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil5393 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil5393 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil5393 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil5393 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil5393 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil5393 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil5393 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil5393 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil5393 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil5393 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Phil5393's Tacoma Gallery
Opti coat

Has anyone on here used opti coat? I'm thinking of having my truck done and was wondering what people thought of it.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:41 AM   #2
Mr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
Mr. Sparkle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil5393 View Post
Has anyone on here used opti coat? I'm thinking of having my truck done and was wondering what people thought of it.
I'm actually an authorized installer of the product (Mr. Sparkle Detailing - Long Island NY). So I'm pretty familiar with the prep, the product, and basically the whole thing.

its not bullet proof but its better than any other wax or sealant out there. Its really apples in oranges. Regular wax or sealant wears away over the course of a few months (or less / more). Opti Coat is there permanently. Can only be removed through an abrasive means (compounding, wet sanding).

It may need a 'cleanup' here or there (light polishing with the cleaner wax from the Optimum product line). But its not going anywhere. Also the product can go on all exterior trim (plastic or otherwise) and the wheels.

really sheds dirt easily and for my clients who have it installed, washes are a breeze

The whole thing with the install is the prep work. Paint has to be near perfect prior to application. So paint correction work is needed, which can get pricey. Referring to compounding and polishing the paint but guys like me aren't like the car wash workers. I've got a long list of polishers, cabinet full of pads, compounds, polishes, specialty lighting in the garage to see paint defects. Unless your truck is brand new, if you contacted me I'd put aside 2 full days on my schedule for all the paint correction work with Opti-Coat Pro install.

Be careful - 2 types of Opti-Coat on the market. "2.0" is the retail version. You could polish your truck and apply yourself if you like. Authorized installers like myself use Opti-Coat "Pro" which is less user friendly to apply, but more durable.

Any questions feel free to ask!

For anyone interested, link to map of authorized installers of Opti-Coat

http://www.opti-coat.net/approved-dealers.php
Old 01-11-2014, 09:38 AM   #3
JeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JeanClaude's Tacoma Gallery
It is good stuff. My shop is an authorized dealer for Opti-Coat PRO and cQuartz Finest in Atlanta and our clients absolutely love both of them.

Here is a video of it after 1 year.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4dsq6xM1X0
Old 02-17-2015, 11:28 PM   #4
je3169 is on a distinguished road

Name: John
je3169's Tacoma Gallery
OK I had my truck sprayed with Opti-Coat PRO last spring what should I use as wax or polish or sealant I would be doing it by hand me and buffers don't get along lol.

Thanks John