Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Whats your detailing trick??

Old 03-21-2009, 01:58 PM   #1
cole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cole
cole47's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cole47
Whats your detailing trick??

Okay everybody has their own trick to make their truck have that "look" when they wash it. for instance mine is wd40 under the fenderwells to make it shine. so whats is yours? or whats the product you use to make it have that look
Old 03-21-2009, 02:48 PM   #3
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
I usually use ICE detailer once its nice and clean, simple green to clean the extra dirty spots, Black WOW for the black molding, fender wells and on the undercover to keep it looking great and easy to clean later on, sprayway window cleaner
Old 03-21-2009, 02:51 PM   #4
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
Ancient Chinese secret.
Hey what every happened about your nerf bar situation? Did you leave them on?
Old 03-21-2009, 02:53 PM   #5
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Hey what every happened about your nerf bar situation? Did you leave them on?
I did decide to leave them on...but now I think they'll come off.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:56 PM   #7
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I did decide to leave them on...but now I think they'll come off.
Haha!! Naw, leave them on!!! Looks killer!!! Chrome with chrome!!! Mine is black with white though!!
Old 03-21-2009, 03:05 PM   #9
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
It'll be funny to see the wife get in without them though.
Uh oh! "Slip-boom-headache" = You aint gettin none for a while!
Old 04-05-2009, 11:25 AM   #10
yotapainter is on a distinguished road

yotapainter's Tacoma Gallery
Word to the wise on the WD40....Not on plastic my friend, because it contains petrolem distlates it will brown and discolor it over time. Go with a cheap protectant thats water based like STP son of a gun and wipe it down good. Any of your tire shines with petrolem in it also is bad for plastic....read the label to be sure!

Don't ask how I know....
Old 04-05-2009, 11:29 AM   #11
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
One thing I do, is spray the frame and everything under the truck (Suspension, axel, cross members, etc.) with Armor All. It prevents mud from sticking to it and other crap from sticking to it.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:30 AM   #12
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Ancient Chinese secret.
You mean "Ancient Chris4x4 secret"
Old 04-05-2009, 11:57 AM   #13
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
You mean "Ancient Chris4x4 secret"
your Chinese?
Old 04-05-2009, 11:59 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
your Chinese?
No, which is why I said "Chris4x4" as opposed to Chinese4x4.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:55 PM   #16
medic is on a distinguished road
Navy: Flight Deck Director
medic's Tacoma Gallery
My detailing trick....

Whats your detailing trick??-my-detailing-trick....jpgSpoiled, I know.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:18 PM   #17
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotapainter View Post
Word to the wise on the WD40....Not on plastic my friend, because it contains petrolem distlates it will brown and discolor it over time. Go with a cheap protectant thats water based like STP son of a gun and wipe it down good. Any of your tire shines with petrolem in it also is bad for plastic....read the label to be sure!

Don't ask how I know....
Mothers Back to Black for the plastic trim
Old 04-06-2009, 07:26 PM   #18
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i use meguiars endurance on tires....keeps them black and shiny and lasts a long time. and for cleaning windows.....i always use stoners invisible glass with crumpled up newspaper...............cleans like no other and no streaks at all.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:29 PM   #19
MUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to all

MUDFISH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
One thing I do, is spray the frame and everything under the truck (Suspension, axel, cross members, etc.) with Armor All. It prevents mud from sticking to it and other crap from sticking to it.

When I had my Zr2, I used to spray the underside with cooking spray to make cleanup easier after offroading... It worked, nothing stuck... but who know what kind of negative effects it had...
Old 04-06-2009, 08:11 PM   #20
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
my secret?...i dont use fancy products when detailing a car inside...i pour 4 oz of degreaser into a spray bottle and the rest water...i then spray the whole dash stereo, steering wheel everything...door handles door panels etc etc and scrub with my brush then i whipe it all off and add a leather dressing which i use on plastic...2 n 1 kinda thing.

wheel wells the same...i spray with the pressure washer, spray degreaser, rinse. let dry and then spray everything with the same dressing i use for the inside orrrrrrr i use the white foam spray people use on tires for the wheel wells.