Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Is this paint salvageable?

Old 01-24-2014, 05:32 PM   #1
teehext is on a distinguished road

Name: Tyler
teehext's Tacoma Gallery
Is this paint salvageable?

Truck had some fender damage from the PO and I guess they tried to repaint it and failed miserably...
I replaced the fenders but some of the overspray is still visible on the doors and driver side hood

It feels like some weird gnarly orange peel, part of the hood is flaking off and you can see beautiful stock green underneath. What's my best plan of action in hopefully masking this ugliness? Would I be able to get better results with an aerosol can of matched paint and some clear coat?

Edit: I'll try to get better pictures of the texture tomorrow.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:41 PM   #2
cheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cheeseit's Tacoma Gallery
I would just wet sand and polish the fender and see what happens first. It almost looks like solvent pop.

Maybe give the fenders, hood and door a good clay bar and then polish them up and see how they look. The area around the emblem looks like someone did this and then didn't polish it back up to a shine after.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:47 AM   #3
teehext is on a distinguished road

Name: Tyler
teehext's Tacoma Gallery
I will try those suggestions and let you know how it works, thanks!