LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Scratched dash repair

Old 03-24-2009, 08:31 PM   #1
netman1969 will become famous soon enoughnetman1969 will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Air Force Security Police NCO
Name: Dave
netman1969's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to netman1969
Scratched dash repair

Ok gang, looking for some help here. I did a dumb a$$ move and decided to install my new Pioneer stereo into my brand new Tacoma, late at night, and after a vodka and redbull or 3.

Long story short, the factory unit got away from me as I was disconnecting the wiring harness and the metal brackets hit the dash under the AC controls and gave me two nice scratches. After much cussing I got the Pioneer in and went to work on the scratches with some 000 steel wool and a shot of pledge, not getting a satisfactory result.

The scratches are now smooth and less noticable, but being a little anal they are still driving me nuts. I have been unable to find a good color match for the grey. Has anyone done a dash or door panel touchup and found a good paint or dye that matches the late model grey vinyl?
Old 03-24-2009, 08:37 PM   #3
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
dont u kno not to work on ur truck drunk???
Old 03-24-2009, 08:46 PM   #5
CSULB socal
dunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig Sirois
dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
lol.....
Old 03-24-2009, 08:49 PM   #6
netman1969 will become famous soon enoughnetman1969 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post
Drunk is a strong word... buzzed maybe. But the alcohol tends to make you overlook that normal good judgement. I'll tell you this, I was sober as a preacher the second it hit the dash.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelfan_08 View Post
Pictures may help!
Agreed, I will do that as soon as I get back to SA.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:52 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletchaka View Post
X1
Did I say Vodka? I meant Milk... good wholesome Milk.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:24 PM   #9
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by netman1969 View Post
Did I say Vodka? I meant Milk... good wholesome Milk.
Mhmmm...sure...just like my good 'ol chocolate milk at midnight...at that party...in that red plastic cup...yea...I'm sure it was milk...
Quote:
Originally Posted by netman1969 View Post
Agreed, I will do that as soon as I get back to SA.
Good news! Gotta see it to help ya.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:25 PM   #10
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
blame it on the goose...
Old 03-25-2009, 09:44 PM   #11
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioso View Post
blame it on the goose...
...gotcha feelin' loose
Old 03-25-2009, 10:18 PM   #13
Costco Gold Star Member
superHI is on a distinguished road

superHI's Tacoma Gallery
hahaha
Old 03-26-2009, 02:02 PM   #14

Old 04-17-2009, 08:03 PM   #15
mitiko is on a distinguished road
mitiko's Tacoma Gallery
well maybe you could look for paint but special for vinyl or plastic.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:05 PM   #16
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post

ive done some of my best work buzzed/drunk
Old 04-17-2009, 08:39 PM   #17
mitiko is on a distinguished road
mitiko's Tacoma Gallery
and you thing is that a problem for the car or for your health.