Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Re-badging with a twist!!!

Old 03-25-2009, 07:04 AM   #1
taco_like_mud has a spectacular aura abouttaco_like_mud has a spectacular aura about
taco_like_mud's Tacoma Gallery
Re-badging with a twist!!!

Im sure someone has thought of this at one time but I havn't seen it done. Let me know what you think

Old 03-25-2009, 07:10 AM   #3
kasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud of
kasey200's Tacoma Gallery
I like it
Old 03-25-2009, 09:56 AM   #5
TX
TEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TEX357's Tacoma Gallery
yeah its different, not bad
Old 03-25-2009, 10:10 AM   #6
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Seems it would be more appropriate on an old beater than a newer $20,000+ vehicle.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:19 AM   #7
taco_like_mud has a spectacular aura abouttaco_like_mud has a spectacular aura about
Easy guys... its not a 20,000 truck. It was a SALVAGED TITLE truck that i got dirt cheap bout 5 months ago. It has problems. Just messn with the truck to make it unique. I would never do that to a truck I just drove off the lot. This is what the truck looks like now (except the new badging). If you could have only seen the way the truck looked when I got it. I have put bout 5g's into the body damage and new windows.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:49 AM   #8
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
i did the same but my friends kept makeing pervertid jokes about my truck so i took them all the way off
Old 03-25-2009, 12:31 PM   #9
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco_like_mud View Post
Easy guys... its not a 20,000 truck. It was a SALVAGED TITLE truck that i got dirt cheap bout 5 months ago. It has problems. Just messn with the truck to make it unique. I would never do that to a truck I just drove off the lot. This is what the truck looks like now (except the new badging). If you could have only seen the way the truck looked when I got it. I have put bout 5g's into the body damage and new windows.
Its a great looking truck bro. How much did it cost you to powdercoat the wheels? if you dont mind me asking
Old 03-25-2009, 12:44 PM   #10
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
There's a guy at my school with a TacomaWorld.com sticker in their window and badges that are blacked and just say "Taco" and then the devil horn Toyota badge on the front.
Looks pretty nice.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:27 PM   #11
As much as i don't want to admit it my wheels aren't powder coated. I followed the "painted wheel" mod on this site. They came out real good and no chips or anythang 4 months later. All my friends think they are powdercoated too. Its kinda funny. I know of some people gettn their wheels powder coated for $50-75 a wheel.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:36 PM   #12
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, I thought of that and hold the original patent to the partailly cut off stock emblem.

You are in copyright infringement and owe me several thousand dollars.

I'll give you a chance to pay just a fraction of my lawsuit and will settle for $100. Before filing papers.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:41 PM   #13
lol thats good stuff
Old 03-25-2009, 02:17 PM   #14
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
I see a bit of a "nub" where the you removed the MA from TACOMA. A bit more sanding,finishing,dremeling would of perfected it. Looks good and it's your taste so don't sweat the chat.

No pictures of the "before"? You say it was a salvage and you brought it back to life and no pictures of the transformation? That's like having a kid and you start taking pictures of them starting at age 10.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:18 PM   #15
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNYTACOMA View Post
Seems it would be more appropriate on an old beater than a newer $20,000+ vehicle.
x2 i fully agree
Old 03-25-2009, 05:35 PM   #16
KeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant future

Name: Keith
KeithB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco_like_mud View Post
What kind of light is that in your scoop?
Old 03-25-2009, 08:26 PM   #17
Just a $20 autzone special I got rigged through to a rocker switch on dash
Old 03-25-2009, 08:28 PM   #18
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I was kinda hoping you put the emblems on upside down. Now THAT would be different.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:15 AM   #19
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
Oh Chris......Not everyone thinks outside the upside down box like you oh Master of All.

What's the over/under that we will ever hear about the ticket he gets with a blue light?

It looks blue in the pic. If it's clear, you could still get harassed. Clear has to be so many inches to or from ground level. A few FJ buddies of mine have been approached by Barney Fife types because of the forward facing lights on the FJ's mirrors.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:48 PM   #20
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TicTacOma View Post
Oh Chris......Not everyone thinks outside the upside down box like you oh Master of All.

What's the over/under that we will ever hear about the ticket he gets with a blue light?

It looks blue in the pic. If it's clear, you could still get harassed. Clear has to be so many inches to or from ground level. A few FJ buddies of mine have been approached by Barney Fife types because of the forward facing lights on the FJ's mirrors.
It depends on the state. Maximum light height in California is 54" but that is for driving lights. Marker lights don't have a max height (e.g. the amber lights on top of tractor-trailer trucks). My guess is the light would be considered a marker light since it doesn't really illuminate the road.

Blue is a definite no-no here. Lights facing the front have to be either white or amber.