Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Tire shine products

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-07-2014, 06:26 AM   #21
ace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFlecko View Post
ace96

"303 is an ok product. I have used better."

Like what??? If you have something that's better, tell us what it is - I'd be interested in knowing.

Like I say, in MY case, I've used 303 on my spa cover and my weight lifting equipment, which is black vinyl, sits outside 24/365 and endures 100+ degree summer days...and it looks new.

I'd challenge ANY other product to match THAT but as I say...if you have something you like, tell me. I'll get a sample and test it.

Thank you,
Ed
Adam's Polishes Super VRT. I use it on tires, interior, and exterior trim. VRT is waterproof. It won't run like other products. Water will bead and run off.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:30 AM   #22
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Mud and sand work nicely! It exfoliates the tire

But honestly I use Meguiars products.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:56 PM   #23
TacoFlavouredKiss is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
TacoFlavouredKiss's Tacoma Gallery
Hot tire shine at the dollar store
Old 03-10-2014, 11:10 AM   #24
Puf147 is on a distinguished road
Name: Fred
Puf147's Tacoma Gallery
I like no touch foam satin finish. Do not like tires to shine.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:12 PM   #25
tunernewb92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtunernewb92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtunernewb92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtunernewb92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtunernewb92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtunernewb92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtunernewb92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtunernewb92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtunernewb92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtunernewb92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtunernewb92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
tunernewb92's Tacoma Gallery

I like this stuff. Stays on for about a month. Keeps the ride looking fairly clean! But I like a shinyish wheel and others don't so theres that.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:23 PM   #26
hoenah808 will become famous soon enough
hoenah808's Tacoma Gallery
I like to use Optimum Opti-bond tire gel
Old 03-16-2014, 01:21 PM   #27
therover1991 is on a distinguished road

therover1991's Tacoma Gallery
Check out Tuf Shine Permanent Tire Coating. You clean the tires up real nice once apply maybe 2-3 coats of the tire "clearcoat" and let it cure and you'll be very happy with the results. On my focus I had it on since November, been through rain, snow etc and the tires always clean up with just soap and water and look just as good. Might just add another coat once the weather warms up.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:56 PM   #29
Mr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
Mr. Sparkle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFI AandP View Post
What is everybody using?

I've been trying a variety of them looking for the one that doesn't sling off and has a good shine. When the shine slime slings off it is very noticeable on my black truck. Because of this, I usually wash my truck late in the day and don't drive it until the next day, between 12-24 hours later to allow the product to set. I don't expect it to hold on immediately at 80mph after application which is why I'll was in the AM and drive another vehicle that day or drive my truck the next day.

Let's hear the product reviews.
I use poorboys bold n bright or blackfire tire dressing spray

if you're concerned about sling, wipe down the tires after application with a crappy microfiber towel. although the 2 I mentioned above dont really sling at all unless over applied
Old 04-24-2014, 11:05 AM   #30
Old Newb
maru is just really nicemaru is just really nicemaru is just really nicemaru is just really nice

Name: Patric
maru's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoenah808 View Post
I like to use Optimum Opti-bond tire gel

THIS
Old 04-25-2014, 02:54 PM   #31
I like bright things.
thunderone will become famous soon enough

thunderone's Tacoma Gallery
Zaino tire protectant. Best stuff I've used so far, doesn't sling. Dries to the touch after about a half hour.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:29 PM   #32
Smurf it.
Guerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: 00
Guerrilla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maru View Post
THIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by maru View Post
This
It's like THIS, that and THIS and ah, it's like THIS and like that, and like THIS and ah, it's like THISss, so just chill till the next episode.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:19 AM   #33
Old Newb
maru is just really nicemaru is just really nicemaru is just really nicemaru is just really nice

Name: Patric
maru's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerrilla View Post
It's like THIS, that and THIS and ah, it's like THIS and like that, and like THIS and ah, it's like THISss, so just chill till the next episode.

Thanks for pointing out my double post.
Old 05-29-2014, 01:00 PM   #34
I like bright things.
thunderone will become famous soon enough

thunderone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerrilla View Post
It's like THIS, that and THIS and ah, it's like THIS and like that, and like THIS and ah, it's like THISss, so who gives a fuck about those, so just chill till the next episode.
fixed
Old 06-03-2014, 04:25 PM   #35
Tinmann is one of the sharper tools in the shedTinmann is one of the sharper tools in the shedTinmann is one of the sharper tools in the shedTinmann is one of the sharper tools in the shedTinmann is one of the sharper tools in the shedTinmann is one of the sharper tools in the shedTinmann is one of the sharper tools in the shedTinmann is one of the sharper tools in the shedTinmann is one of the sharper tools in the shedTinmann is one of the sharper tools in the shedTinmann is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Tinmann's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

If you actually want to preserve the rubber and not just make it look shiny...look no further. 303 will make the tire look NEW but not shiny.

http://www.303products.com/303r-aero...tant-32oz.html

Ask anyone who's ever used this, and they'll tell you it's the best. I use this on my spa cover that experiences 100+ degree days in the summer and it look almost new. My spa is 7 years old!

Ed
X2, I agree with this stuff. it's really hard to beat! I haven't tried any of the other stuff as it seems to be a regional product and the stores I shop don't stock it or perhaps I'm just not looking in the right places.

The 303 aerospace protectant was initially developed for the aerospace industry and carried over to the automotive industry due to its success and durability. It works on anything black or any color for that matter. I have used it in the interior of my cars without any problems.

Now here's a product that's not gaining much attention but has been been rated in the TOP 2 products and its an "AS SEEN ON TV" product. It's called "WIPE NEW" tires. I'm tempted to give it a try but it comes in a very small bottle and is on the pricey side.
http://www.asseenontv.com/detail.php...0925eb1b94bc8c
Old 06-03-2014, 04:27 PM   #36
StormTrooper
757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future

Coast Guard: BM3 - Station New Haven, CT
Name: Tyler
757 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ace96

"303 is an ok product. I have used better."

Like what??? If you have something that's better, tell us what it is - I'd be interested in knowing.

Like I say, in MY case, I've used 303 on my spa cover and my weight lifting equipment, which is black vinyl, sits outside 24/365 and endures 100+ degree summer days...and it looks new.

I'd challenge ANY other product to match THAT but as I say...if you have something you like, tell me. I'll get a sample and test it.

Thank you,
Ed
x2 on 303
Old 06-03-2014, 07:59 PM   #37
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
I just spray armor all and let it sit. Nice shine, doesn't sling off, and easy to clean later
Old 06-04-2014, 11:33 AM   #38
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
This is by far the best product I've used so far: http://www.amazon.com/Green-Earth-Te.../dp/B0016LEAUI

If you're looking for the wet glossy look, look elsewhere. If you want that dark black brand new look, this is awesome stuff. Plus it doesn't turn your tires brown over time like other dressings. It also moisturizes the rubber rather than just coat it.

I'm also thinking of trying Wolfgang product. Heard great things about it: http://www.autogeek.net/wg4600.html

Again, it's no so much a glossy dressing as it is a cleaner and conditioner of rubber, which brings the tire back to looking brand new, ie dark black.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:58 AM   #39
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
endorsed by teh best

Products Discussed in this Thread