Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-02-2014, 08:53 AM   #1
CFI AandP is on a distinguished road

Navy: Aviation Mechanic (AM)
Name: Cory
CFI AandP's Tacoma Gallery
Tire shine products

What is everybody using?

I've been trying a variety of them looking for the one that doesn't sling off and has a good shine. When the shine slime slings off it is very noticeable on my black truck. Because of this, I usually wash my truck late in the day and don't drive it until the next day, between 12-24 hours later to allow the product to set. I don't expect it to hold on immediately at 80mph after application which is why I'll was in the AM and drive another vehicle that day or drive my truck the next day.

Let's hear the product reviews.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:16 AM   #2
Anzy will become famous soon enough

Name: Eric
Anzy's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.moreshine.com/

The company is called Stoner and their tire shine is called More Shine. Best stuff out there in my opinion. I work for an auto parts store that sells every cleaning product imaginable and all their products are top notch. Their glass cleaner is awesome too.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:29 AM   #3
"... Intercepting The Localizer"
File IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
File IFR's Tacoma Gallery
I use this stuff.

It's a liquid and I find it penetrates better than the gel products... and it keeps the tires looking blacker much longer. It doesn't sling off like thicker products.

Old 03-02-2014, 10:29 AM   #4
Always outnumbered, never outgunned
Agent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Agent Smith's Tacoma Gallery
Surf City Garage Beyond Black. Works great, seems to absorb fairly quick, I apply with a sponge so I don't drench my tires. Makes the tires darker, but not shiny. I'm not into the wet shiny look anymore.

http://www.surfcitygarage.com/shop/b...black-tire-pro
Old 03-02-2014, 10:37 AM   #5
Yotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Connal
Yotabilly's Tacoma Gallery
We've used this stuff for the last six years. Not glossy, but Black.
http://
Old 03-02-2014, 10:57 AM   #6
Goose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud ofGoose8651 has much to be proud of
Goose8651's Tacoma Gallery
Adams Super VRT, Best stuff I have ever used.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:59 AM   #7
Smurf it.
Guerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: 00
Guerrilla's Tacoma Gallery
Stay away from Meguiars endurance tire spray. If it gets on your paint and sets, your not getting it off. It happened to me Spring of 2013 and there is still spots where its on (my trucks black too). I've tried Alcohol, Paint thinner, Paint reducer, and 3M Adhesive remover, some spots kinda came off, but not all. And the spots you try and get off, you have to rub so much it scuffs the surrounding paint (even with soft cloth), so even if it comes off then your paints scuffed. It's ridic.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:27 PM   #8
ace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose8651 View Post
Adams Super VRT, Best stuff I have ever used.
+1. Adams products are the best!
Old 03-03-2014, 06:37 AM   #9
Mr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
Mr. Sparkle's Tacoma Gallery
you'd have to order either one - but I use either Poorboys Bold n Bright spray or if I'm feeling good, Blackfire tire shine spray

both are water based and will not brown your tires over time

I think the sling has to do with application sometimes. I use a foam applicator with a couple squirts on the tire then spread the product all around. Then roll the vehicle forward to get the area of tire touching the ground. I think if you go heavy applying any product you run the risk of sling
Old 03-03-2014, 06:48 AM   #10
loosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: jerry
loosnut's Tacoma Gallery
tire shine

WAB truckers choice tire dressing.The best i have ever used Only sold in big truck parts stores and dealers (mack,int,kw Etc)
Old 03-03-2014, 07:15 AM   #11
ROAD DAWG is on a distinguished road
Navy: boatswains'mate,2nd
ROAD DAWG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
Surf City Garage Beyond Black. Works great, seems to absorb fairly quick, I apply with a sponge so I don't drench my tires. Makes the tires darker, but not shiny. I'm not into the wet shiny look anymore.

http://www.surfcitygarage.com/shop/b...black-tire-pro
x2 on the "beyond black"use it all the time on my wife's maxima,if you allow it to dry completly you won't get any sling off the tires onto the bodywork.i use it on my truck from time to time to get rid to get scuff marks off my nitto tg's...not really into shiney tires but it works on the scuffs,plus you can get it at wallyworld.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:40 AM   #12
spiralout462 is on a distinguished road

spiralout462's Tacoma Gallery
Pinnacle Black Onyx Gel and BLACKFIRE Total Eclipse gel are my favorites. You can adjust the level of shine to suit your taste. I like the nice, new satin glow of one thin coat. They both cure dry to the touch which is important to me. I do not care for that greasy look that so many OTC tire dressings provide! If you want a more "permanent" solution Tuf Shine Tire Clearcoat is the answer! Many detailers swear by it.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:17 AM   #13
ace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralout462 View Post
Pinnacle Black Onyx Gel and BLACKFIRE Total Eclipse gel are my favorites. You can adjust the level of shine to suit your taste. I like the nice, new satin glow of one thin coat. They both cure dry to the touch which is important to me. I do not care for that greasy look that so many OTC tire dressings provide! If you want a more "permanent" solution Tuf Shine Tire Clearcoat is the answer! Many detailers swear by it.
I am really interested in trying some Tuf Shine. I love Adam's super VRT, but it does not last as long as I would like.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:27 AM   #14
spiralout462 is on a distinguished road

spiralout462's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace96 View Post
I am really interested in trying some Tuf Shine. I love Adam's super VRT, but it does not last as long as I would like.
When I get new tires they will get Tuf Shine before they get mounted. From what I have read a thorough cleaning is a must before application! The Tuf Shine Tire Cleaner is highly recommended for this.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:16 PM   #15
Navar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Navar's Tacoma Gallery
Sling is caused by excessive product
Old 03-06-2014, 05:59 AM   #17
EdFlecko is on a distinguished road

Name: Ed
EdFlecko's Tacoma Gallery

If you actually want to preserve the rubber and not just make it look shiny...look no further. 303 will make the tire look NEW but not shiny.

http://www.303products.com/303r-aero...tant-32oz.html

Ask anyone who's ever used this, and they'll tell you it's the best. I use this on my spa cover that experiences 100+ degree days in the summer and it look almost new. My spa is 7 years old!

Ed
Old 03-06-2014, 07:24 AM   #18
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navar View Post
Sling is caused by excessive product
Some products won't stay no matter how little you put on or how long you let it set.

303 is an ok product. I have used better.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:57 AM   #19
chas44 is a splendid one to beholdchas44 is a splendid one to beholdchas44 is a splendid one to beholdchas44 is a splendid one to beholdchas44 is a splendid one to beholdchas44 is a splendid one to beholdchas44 is a splendid one to behold

chas44's Tacoma Gallery
Another vote for Adams VRT. You can add more product as you wish to get more sheen out of it rather than the matte look. I like more natural so one or two coats is good for me use.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:38 AM   #20
EdFlecko is on a distinguished road

Name: Ed
EdFlecko's Tacoma Gallery
ace96

"303 is an ok product. I have used better."

Like what??? If you have something that's better, tell us what it is - I'd be interested in knowing.

Like I say, in MY case, I've used 303 on my spa cover and my weight lifting equipment, which is black vinyl, sits outside 24/365 and endures 100+ degree summer days...and it looks new.

I'd challenge ANY other product to match THAT but as I say...if you have something you like, tell me. I'll get a sample and test it.

Thank you,
Ed

Products Discussed in this Thread