1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

MD window tinting

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by dud122, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Mar 30, 2009 at 7:06 AM
    dud122

dud122 [OP] rabble rabble rabble

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Riverdale Park, MD
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DC
    OME up front, Dakar in the back, Elite front bumper, Warn winch, Tactical rear bumper with tire swing/jerry cans/hi lift, Revenge Fab. sliders, Tundra brakes, Camburg UCA's, Safari Snorkle, FJ TRD wheels, Lights, CB, Switches, skids, LED's... OH MY!
    i called this place to get a quote for tinting my front two windows...

http://www.reflectionstint.com/services.html

seems like a pretty nice place and comes with a lifetime warranty which is nice

anyway... they said that a 15% tint would match the factory tint in my rear and back two windows best... can anyone post pics of a 15% tint?

that just seems really dark to me

plus i think the legal limit in MD is 50%... am i probably going to get pulled over every otherday?

2. Mar 30, 2009 at 7:35 AM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    Window tinting in MD is a bitch... if you ever need an MD safety inspection, the only place that will "measure" your tint is the DMV -- and an inspection station won't sign off on your vehicle...

My local DMV only checks window tint on Wednesdays between 9-12, weather depending of course.

sucks.

3. Mar 30, 2009 at 8:22 AM
    dud122

dud122 [OP] rabble rabble rabble

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Riverdale Park, MD
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DC
    OME up front, Dakar in the back, Elite front bumper, Warn winch, Tactical rear bumper with tire swing/jerry cans/hi lift, Revenge Fab. sliders, Tundra brakes, Camburg UCA's, Safari Snorkle, FJ TRD wheels, Lights, CB, Switches, skids, LED's... OH MY!
    lame... what does a 50% tint look like... isn't that the legal limit in MD?

s it even worth it?

4. Mar 30, 2009 at 10:59 AM
    TEX357

TEX357 TX

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 TACOMA
    285\70-17 BFGoodrich KM2's 17x8 Pro Comp 7089
    it wouldnt be worth it IMO

5. Apr 2, 2009 at 5:26 AM
    Rocketball

Rocketball If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Westminster, MD
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue DC Sport 4x4
    Pioneer head unit, PAC steering wheel control modual, Hard wired Sirius radio, Hard wired radar detector, Hella Supertone horns, Blacked out badges, Smoked Tails, BHLM (color matched Speedway Blue), T-Rex Eyelids, Black Powder Coated Billet Grill, Color Matched Engine Cover, Lund in channel vent visors, FJ Cruiser wheels, Leer 100XQ shell, OEM bed mat, Piezo beeper for locking doors, Tinted front side windows, Black Westin bull bar, Aires tube steps, Mini Maglite Mod, D-Cell Maglite Mod, Weathertech Digifit Floor Mats
    I've been told that the 35% tint is what matches the factory tinted glass...... :rolleyes:

There's a few shops around Westminster that will do the work, even if you go darker than what the State will allow. The only warranty you will get is for workmanship. If you get an inspection citation and go back to the same shop, they will charge you to take it off.

6. Apr 2, 2009 at 12:51 PM
    TightShirts

TightShirts The StormTrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    TightShirts
    Phoenix... The Land of Lifted Trucks & Dirty Sluts
    Vehicle:
    08 Rugged Trail Ed
    Tint, Clear Bra, De-badged, In-Dash DVD, 09 Led Tail Lights, Chris4x4's old OME front shocks, 1.5" Deaver AAL with OME n182s, black billet in white sport grill, BHLM w/4500k HIDs + Fogs, bumper blackout
    look at the pics in my gallery- my windshield has 50%... i can't even tell it's on there, not even at night. since it's lighter i paid extra for crystalline tint that has a heat blocker in it. i got a hands on demo with a light box at the tint shop and with the crazy sun here in AZ i was sold!

i'd say 50% isn't worth it, i'd do 35% if you're worried, but i wouldn't do it at all if you have to get inspected before/if you get a citation.

FYI - my truck actually has 20% on the front windows and 35% on the rear windows (that were already 35% so they are about the same/slightly darker that the front windows now) plus the 50% on the windshield (which is illegal in AZ but i don't care :D)

thats what i was told...

7. Apr 2, 2009 at 3:39 PM
    tacomadude1234

tacomadude1234 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    4x4 Magnetic Gray SR5 TRD Offroad
    AFE Cold Air Intake, MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust, 5% Window Tint, TRD Seat Covers, Billet Grille w/ logo 3.5" Toytec Coilovers and 2.5" AAL rear LR UCA's 1" Rear Block Kit Extended Skid Plate

My windows are 5% all the way around. I can hardly see out at night though so i'm extra careful when reversing. Good thing for that camera on the tailgate handle. Other than that I love it.
    Pretty much completely illegal. But out here in Nevada no one has said anything. And its my second vehicle with 5%. Never one fix it ticket or citation.
    [​IMG]

8. Apr 2, 2009 at 4:00 PM
    silver07taco

silver07taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    COIL
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    13 Tundra RCSB 5.7 4x4,07 Tacoma AC 4.0 4x4
    2013 Tundra RCSB 5.7 4x4, 2007 Tacoma AC 4.0 4x4
    The tint law in MD is 35%