Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

MD window tinting

Old 03-30-2009, 07:06 AM   #1
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Humane Officer
Name: Dan
dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dud122
MD window tinting

i called this place to get a quote for tinting my front two windows...

http://www.reflectionstint.com/services.html

seems like a pretty nice place and comes with a lifetime warranty which is nice

anyway... they said that a 15% tint would match the factory tint in my rear and back two windows best... can anyone post pics of a 15% tint?

that just seems really dark to me

plus i think the legal limit in MD is 50%... am i probably going to get pulled over every otherday?
Old 03-30-2009, 07:35 AM   #2
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Window tinting in MD is a bitch... if you ever need an MD safety inspection, the only place that will "measure" your tint is the DMV -- and an inspection station won't sign off on your vehicle...

My local DMV only checks window tint on Wednesdays between 9-12, weather depending of course.

sucks.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:22 AM   #3
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Humane Officer
Name: Dan
dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dud122
lame... what does a 50% tint look like... isn't that the legal limit in MD?

s it even worth it?
Old 03-30-2009, 10:59 AM   #4
TX
TEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TEX357's Tacoma Gallery
it wouldnt be worth it IMO
Old 04-02-2009, 05:26 AM   #5
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
I've been told that the 35% tint is what matches the factory tinted glass......

There's a few shops around Westminster that will do the work, even if you go darker than what the State will allow. The only warranty you will get is for workmanship. If you get an inspection citation and go back to the same shop, they will charge you to take it off.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:51 PM   #6
The StormTrooper
TightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TightShirts
TightShirts's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dud122 View Post
lame... what does a 50% tint look like... isn't that the legal limit in MD? is it even worth it?
look at the pics in my gallery- my windshield has 50%... i can't even tell it's on there, not even at night. since it's lighter i paid extra for crystalline tint that has a heat blocker in it. i got a hands on demo with a light box at the tint shop and with the crazy sun here in AZ i was sold!

i'd say 50% isn't worth it, i'd do 35% if you're worried, but i wouldn't do it at all if you have to get inspected before/if you get a citation.

FYI - my truck actually has 20% on the front windows and 35% on the rear windows (that were already 35% so they are about the same/slightly darker that the front windows now) plus the 50% on the windshield (which is illegal in AZ but i don't care )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketball View Post
I've been told that the 35% tint is what matches the factory tinted glass......
thats what i was told...
Old 04-02-2009, 03:39 PM   #7
tacomadude1234 is on a distinguished road
tacomadude1234's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dud122 View Post
i called this place to get a quote for tinting my front two windows...

http://www.reflectionstint.com/services.html

seems like a pretty nice place and comes with a lifetime warranty which is nice

anyway... they said that a 15% tint would match the factory tint in my rear and back two windows best... can anyone post pics of a 15% tint?

that just seems really dark to me

plus i think the legal limit in MD is 50%... am i probably going to get pulled over every otherday?

My windows are 5% all the way around. I can hardly see out at night though so i'm extra careful when reversing. Good thing for that camera on the tailgate handle. Other than that I love it.
Pretty much completely illegal. But out here in Nevada no one has said anything. And its my second vehicle with 5%. Never one fix it ticket or citation.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:00 PM   #8
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
The tint law in MD is 35%

Not very dark.