Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

windshield

Old 03-30-2009, 09:47 PM   #1
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
windshield

windsheild scraches how can i get them out
Old 03-30-2009, 09:49 PM   #2
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
If they're not too deep, toothpaste and a lot of elbow grease. It's how watch makers polish watches.

If they are deep a glass shop should be able to fill them. I've heard it's never quite perfect though.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:00 PM   #3
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerNameIsLucy View Post
If they're not too deep, toothpaste and a lot of elbow grease. It's how watch makers polish watches.

If they are deep a glass shop should be able to fill them. I've heard it's never quite perfect though.
toothpaste????wtf???? never woulds thought of that
nah there not that deep its mostely from mud riding
Old 03-30-2009, 10:03 PM   #4

will that work for scratches in the clearcoat too?
and is there any certain type i chould use????
"extra whitning,cavity protection,baking soda??? lol)
Old 03-30-2009, 10:07 PM   #5
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
I should correct myself...I believe it's the "tooth whitening" toothpaste that works. I actually used it on my kid's 13 inch crt tv, who knows how she scratched it but they looked like something one of those green rough dishwashing pads would have done. It worked but it was a lot of work. Might get brave enough to try a Dremel with it next time.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:12 PM   #6

Quote:
I should correct myself...I believe it's the "tooth whitening" toothpaste that works. I actually used it on my kid's 13 inch crt tv, who knows how she scratched it but they looked like something one of those green rough dishwashing pads would have done. It worked but it was a lot of work. Might get brave enough to try a Dremel with it next time.
kids will scratch anything
like this 1 time when i got bored so i took a fake dimond to my tv and it left a pretty deep scratch in it
ill pick up some tooth paste the next time im at the store and ill try it
Old 03-30-2009, 10:15 PM   #7

Me and a female friend went skiing up in NH years ago. Took her brand new car (I forget what it was, something like a Sentra). It took to icing, she didn't have a scraper yet, so brain cell me takes an empty coke can after the windshield.

Who would think soft aluminum could gouge cold windshield glass?

The dealer replaced it for her for free. Only reason I can think they did that for her was she was really, really cute.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:06 AM   #8
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Who would think soft aluminum could gouge cold windshield glass?
I'm thinking most of us would
Old 03-31-2009, 06:07 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veccster View Post
I'm thinking most of us would
I'm thinking think again.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:10 AM   #10
cole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cole
cole47's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cole47
what about bubble looking things?? i dont know what they are but there all over my windsheild and they dont come off...will toothpaste work?
Old 03-31-2009, 07:48 PM   #11
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Tooth paste contains a mild abrasive that helps to clean your teeth. Imagine it as 10,000 grit sandpaper.