1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Paint Job?

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Yaozer, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Apr 3, 2014 at 10:36 AM
    Yaozer

Yaozer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2011 Red DCSB TRD Sport
    Flowmaster exhaust, 3" Old Man Emu lift, Konig Countersteer Rims, and too much more.
    So I wasn't sure where to put this, so I thought I'd start here. My truck has been the victim of a hail storm and has multiple dings on the hood and roof. There are also some misc scratches and one dent on some body panels, mostly on the rear fenders.

I took it to a reputable local auto body for an estimate recently. He seems to think there are too many dings on the roof and hood for paintless dent removal. He also indicated that there are too many dings to use body filler on the hood. He pointed me to the following options:

A. Replace the hood and the roof (cut it out and replace it) and then have the rear end of the truck repainted.
    B. Have the entire truck repainted.

He seemed to think that option 2 would be the best way to go as it's more comprehensive. However, he could not recommend any shops that would do a paint job on the entire truck.

I have two questions:
    1. Does anyone know of a reputable shop that would paint the truck in the NJ/NY metro area?
    2. Are there other options that I'm overlooking here?

Thanks in advance.

2. Apr 3, 2014 at 12:31 PM
    cheeseit

cheeseit Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver B.C.
    Vehicle:
    2005 SR5/TRD OR Tacoma
    3 inch toytec lift
    I would look for a second opinion personally. Our PDR guy has done lots of trucks with bad hail damage and they turned out well.

3. Apr 3, 2014 at 2:30 PM
    vssman

vssman Rocket Engineer

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Naugatuck, CT
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 double cab
    X2 on having a paintless dent removal guy look at it. They can do wonders. You're a bit too far but I know of a guy in Prospect, CT that does great work.

4. Apr 3, 2014 at 2:38 PM
    Brakeman

Brakeman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boston mass
    Vehicle:
    Sport TRD 4x4
    I had my 2002 roof cut off at the pillars and replaced , after it got pancaked from ice sliding off a 3 story building . My shop did a great job , no problems.

Products Discussed in

To Top