Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Black Magic Tire Foam - warning

Old 04-20-2014, 07:35 PM   #1
J0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

J0HN_R1's Tacoma Gallery
Black Magic Tire Foam - warning

Great on tires/black-plastic exterior trim/floor-mats...

Not so great (reads: terrible) on interior painted plastic parts. and NO, I didn't spray it onto my interior...!

I had just finished spraying my tires/ext. trim/floor-mats and had gotten back in the truck with some of this stuff dripping off my hand/finger (to grab a towel & wipe it off).

One 1/8" wide drop fell off my hand onto the center console cupholder area (black plastic painted silver @ the factory), and was there for approx. 20sec until I wiped it off... This is what it did.

Ate right thru the paint, when I wiped the product off the paint came with it...

Old 04-21-2014, 06:14 PM   #2
cheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cheeseit's Tacoma Gallery
damn i wouldn't be putting that stuff on my tires
Old 05-10-2014, 10:51 AM   #3
ppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phuong
ppham444's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, imagine if it did that to your interior trim, what would it do if I got some on my wiener.
Old 05-10-2014, 10:59 AM   #4
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-10-2014, 11:02 AM   #5
mbrogz3000 has a spectacular aura aboutmbrogz3000 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Matt
mbrogz3000's Tacoma Gallery
I'm heavily into detailing, but still use nothing but soap, water and elbow grease on my wheels and tires...occasionally putting regular wax on the wheels when I'm motivated. Tire dressing looks great on a parked vehicle, but its not good when it flings off the tires onto the paint, potentially causing damage like this.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:08 AM   #6
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrogz3000 View Post
I'm heavily into detailing, but still use nothing but soap, water and elbow grease on my wheels and tires...occasionally putting regular wax on the wheels when I'm motivated. Tire dressing looks great on a parked vehicle, but its not good when it flings off the tires onto the paint, potentially causing damage like this.
That's a interior part
Old 05-10-2014, 07:59 PM   #7
ace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrogz3000 View Post
A good dressing won't fling off.
Old 05-11-2014, 06:25 AM   #8
mbrogz3000 has a spectacular aura aboutmbrogz3000 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Matt
mbrogz3000's Tacoma Gallery
Interior or exterior, it shouldn't be reacting..
Old 05-11-2014, 11:43 AM   #9
LTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
LTDSC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace96 View Post
A good dressing won't fling off.
this, obviously he isnt all that heavy if he thinks all dressings fling.