Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Plasti dip help!!

Old 04-24-2014, 10:49 AM   #1
xTACOMAx is on a distinguished road
xTACOMAx's Tacoma Gallery
Plasti dip help!!

All of y'all who has plasti diped there rims and there the 17" sport rims and removed the plasti dip how did you remove it from the center cap where it has the grooves? Thanks!
Old 04-25-2014, 12:51 AM   #2
I like bright things.
thunderone will become famous soon enough

thunderone's Tacoma Gallery
Try using something pointy or small to peel up enough of a corner to grab hold of. If it's too thin then just use gel Goo Gone. Eats it up.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:49 AM   #3
robssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
robssol's Tacoma Gallery
I think dipyourcar.com sells stuff that will reliquefy plasti-dip. I've also heard WD-40 will loosen it a bit. Good luck.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:52 AM   #4
the little red truck that could
outdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud of

Name: Alex
outdoorAZ's Tacoma Gallery
Mineral spirits will take plastidip right of without damaging anything else
Old 04-25-2014, 07:42 AM   #5
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
I used a little brakleen, but I wouldn't recommend it on a surface you really care about. I used it on my my OR wheels and it dulled the finish a little, but not bad.