Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Dealer emblems

Old 04-09-2009, 05:19 AM   #1
it is what it is
09TRD is on a distinguished road

09TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Angry Dealer emblems

It is a glorious day when you head outside to remove the free advertising that dealers stick on the back of your truck. That is unless you remove it to find a covered up paint chip. I would go fuss about it but that would say I did it removing the emblem. It's not bad, I'm just particular about my vehicles.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:56 AM   #2
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
That stinks.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:12 AM   #3
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09TRD View Post
It is a glorious day when you head outside to remove the free advertising that dealers stick on the back of your truck. That is unless you remove it to find a covered up paint chip. I would go fuss about it but that would say I did it removing the emblem. It's not bad, I'm just particular about my vehicles.
i would go to the dealer and say i found this in my driveway
it must have fallen off my truck oh and btw whats with this chip
Old 04-09-2009, 06:20 AM   #4
it is what it is

09TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tarantino View Post
i would go to the dealer and say i found this in my driveway
it must have fallen off my truck oh and btw whats with this chip

Yea, I work at a dealership so I know all they would do is have some guy do a crappy touch up job on it that would probably be worse than having the chip itself. I have a friend of mine that does paint and body work down in my hometown so i will just get him to take care of it eventually.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:51 PM   #5
sdnicker2000 is just really nicesdnicker2000 is just really nicesdnicker2000 is just really nicesdnicker2000 is just really nicesdnicker2000 is just really nice
sdnicker2000's Tacoma Gallery
Every time I buy a vehicle I make the dealer remove the sticker. When I bought the Tacoma they were mad I asked them to remove it. They look tacky as hell IMHO.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:04 PM   #6
TX
TEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TEX357's Tacoma Gallery
Wowww that sucksss
Old 04-09-2009, 03:08 PM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdnicker2000 View Post
Every time I buy a vehicle I make the dealer remove the sticker. When I bought the Tacoma they were mad I asked them to remove it. They look tacky as hell IMHO.
X2. I let them know I gave them the money for the truck, and they didnt give me any for advertiseing.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:12 PM   #8
bcliff is on a distinguished road
bcliff's Tacoma Gallery
any suggestions on how to remove the emblem myself?
Old 04-13-2009, 09:32 AM   #9
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcliff View Post
Well, that depends on what the emblem is made of.

Mine was just a foil backed sticker. I made sure the surface was really clean, and used my fingernail to peal it off starting at the corner. Finished up with using some denatured alcohol and a paper towel to get the remaining adhesive off.

Total time of about 10 minutes.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:59 AM   #10
Is mod CraZy...
stevomac59 is a name known to allstevomac59 is a name known to allstevomac59 is a name known to allstevomac59 is a name known to allstevomac59 is a name known to allstevomac59 is a name known to all

stevomac59's Tacoma Gallery
wow, I hate it when ppl try to cover up their mistakes...might as well just fix the damn thing...that's poor business ethics
Old 04-13-2009, 10:56 AM   #11
sweater914 will become famous soon enough
sweater914's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in the process right now of de-badging my truck. The dealer sticker came off with the help of some Goo Gone and my thumb nail. Let the Goo Gone do it's job, it's working a lot easier if I leave for about 15 minutes and start peeling.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:09 AM   #12
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater914 View Post
I'm in the process right now of de-badging my truck. The dealer sticker came off with the help of some Goo Gone and my thumb nail. Let the Goo Gone do it's job, it's working a lot easier if I leave for about 15 minutes and start peeling.
Man, I wouldn't leave that stuff on my paint for that long....... It's got solvents in it that will take the hide off a rino.....

I work in construction and that stuff will get just about anything off of anything......
Old 04-13-2009, 11:09 AM   #13
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
it bugs me they put that dealership logo on there trucks. i don't mid the license plate frames. (i can remove them later.) having to go through the hassle to remove their logo is risky business for some people, they can seriously scratch their tacos.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:18 AM   #14
If it bleeds we can kill it
Kicker_Of_Elves is just really niceKicker_Of_Elves is just really niceKicker_Of_Elves is just really niceKicker_Of_Elves is just really nice

Kicker_Of_Elves's Tacoma Gallery
This reminds me that i gotta get mine off still.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:55 AM   #15
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
X2. I hate anything that advertises for the dealer. Unless they give me a loaner car to drive, I'm driving their car so what the hell, I'll let them use me for a free ride. The only problem I have is that I have to refill the tank or they harge me like 4x the cost of gas to do it. Except at Mazda, they didn't care...or my car is in there enough they don't care.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:51 PM   #16
sweater914 will become famous soon enough
sweater914's Tacoma Gallery
I used a pippet and used maybe 1.5 oz for all the emblems, plus it was cloudy and only 45 degrees outside. Washed the affected area and applied some wax after the work. My Zaino will be at the house soon, but I won't be able to get the truck for another 2 weeks.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:51 AM   #17
PeteK is just really nicePeteK is just really nicePeteK is just really nicePeteK is just really nice
PeteK's Tacoma Gallery
Dealer stickers FTL. Took the plate frames off the first day. Did the sticker today. It was one of those thin foil ones "welded" on with extra-super-duper-glue. Kept it wet and plucked away with my fingernail. About 20 mins, and 8% into it, I got a good piece to grab and pull the rest off with. Wet paper towel got most of the rest of the goop off. Hit the last bit with Meguiars Phase 1 cleaner stuff and voila! Can tell it was ever there. Me thumbs a wee bit sore though.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:08 AM   #18
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
i had the dealer emblem removed before i signed paperwork. i agree with the above statements...no need to advertise for the dealer who is constantly trying to get as much money out of me as possible. for as many looks and questions i get about my truck, i think toyota should throw some cash my way... of course, after removing their badge, the dealer then added a nice licsense plate placcard that was removed when i got home.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:15 AM   #19
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
I've taken stickers, and frames off only to have them reappear when I bought the vehicle in for some work.. lol

Reminds me, need to get license frames off...
Old 04-19-2009, 03:49 PM   #20
it is what it is

09TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcliff View Post

I've always took a hairdryer and heated it up a little if it's just the stick on kind. They come right off.