Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Anyone ever use Duplicolor all-in-one scratch repair pen?

Old 08-03-2014, 04:37 PM   #1
colinm12 is on a distinguished road
colinm12's Tacoma Gallery

I'm using one, and i find it's impossible not to put a big blog of paint on the area. Is that ok? Should I wipe it down to size?
Old 08-07-2014, 05:34 PM   #2
DoctorStrobe is on a distinguished road
DoctorStrobe's Tacoma Gallery
I know. The little pen part wasn't designed right. It should have a slot or groove in it to allow the paint to flow. Instead it just balls up and you get a huge blob of paint.
What I do is to dispense some paint into one of the grooves in the outside of the cover. Then I use it like an ink-well. Dip pen tip into it and then dab it on the car...
Old 08-11-2014, 05:47 PM   #3
swamp rat is on a distinguished road
swamp rat's Tacoma Gallery
I have the oem running /step boards on my 09 dbl cab, really don't like them,does anyone know if you can duplicoat /plastic dip them other than spraying painting them (not crazy bout that) .pretty sure they are the cheap standard chrome type.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:52 AM   #4
CO Ryan has much to be proud ofCO Ryan has much to be proud ofCO Ryan has much to be proud ofCO Ryan has much to be proud ofCO Ryan has much to be proud ofCO Ryan has much to be proud ofCO Ryan has much to be proud ofCO Ryan has much to be proud ofCO Ryan has much to be proud of

Name: Ryan
CO Ryan's Tacoma Gallery
I have a scratch on my roof that I'm looking to repair, and considering using the Duplicator pen thing. I'm not extremely concerned about how it looks since it's on the roof, but more so about protecting the metal and preventing rust. The scratch is about 3 inches long and down to the metal. Anybody know if this solution will prevent rust? Anybody have a better idea?
Old 12-10-2014, 09:10 AM   #5
Non2os13 is on a distinguished road
Non2os13's Tacoma Gallery

I used the duplicolor pen on my old accord and it worked terrible. I ended up using the paint out of it with toothpicks. Worked much better than the pen tip. Dabbing Knicks with a qtip also worked better than the brush at the other end of the pen.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:10 AM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
The Duplicolor pen sucks donkey balls. If you want a good solution for scratch and ding repair, check out Dr. Colorchip. I had their product for my Tacoma and bought it again for my F150. It's very simple to use and the results are great.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:18 AM   #7
1raptor has much to be proud of1raptor has much to be proud of1raptor has much to be proud of1raptor has much to be proud of1raptor has much to be proud of1raptor has much to be proud of1raptor has much to be proud of1raptor has much to be proud of1raptor has much to be proud of1raptor has much to be proud of

1raptor's Tacoma Gallery
+1 for DR. colorchip this stuff works awesome and if you want even better results run it through an airbrush