Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Driven Auto Detail: 2006 Grand Prix GXP

Old 04-20-2009, 10:23 AM   #1
Resident Detailer
mShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mShu7's Tacoma Gallery
Driven Auto Detail: 2006 Grand Prix GXP

I met this client at our last Chamber of Commerce luncheon. It's an '06 Grand Prix GXP. It was in pretty good condition overall but had never been detailed to my knowledge. Pretty simple job nonetheless.

-PREP-
Pressure-rinse entire vehicle.
Pre-treat door shuts, wheel wells, and front end with APC.
Clean tires, wheels, and wells with Optimum Power Clean (3:1) and various brushes.
Wash body of vehicle with 2 oz. Optimum Car Wash, 1 oz. Optimum Power Clean, and 1 oz. ONR.
Treat tires with Optimum Tire Shine. OTS is left to dwell on the tires the entire duration of the detail to allow dressing to absorb into the rubber. There's virtually no excess to wipe off when I'm finished.

-PAINT-
Clay all painted surfaces with Clay Magic blue clay and ONR.
Polish with PC, speed 5, LC White 5.5" polishing pad, and Optimum Poli-Seal.
Seal paint with DP Surface Shield Protectant. I used this to clear out some old stock, but actually came away from it really impressed. The shine was terrific and the slickness was very good.

-INTERIOR-
Vacuum carpets, mats, seat crevices, etc.
Clean all plastic, vinyl, and leather with a combination of steam and Woolite & water (6:1).
Shampoo carpets and mats with Bio-Kleen Traffic Lane Cleaner (4:1).
Treat all plastic, vinyl, and leather with Optimum Protectant Plus.
Clean all glass inside and out with ONR.

-PICTURES-

Old 04-20-2009, 10:38 AM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
good job man. awesome shine and clarity!!
Old 04-20-2009, 10:41 AM   #3
Resident Detailer
mShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mShu7's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks tacomaman!
Old 04-20-2009, 10:43 AM   #4
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mShu7 View Post
I met this client at our last Chamber of Commerce luncheon. It's an '06 Grand Prix GXP. It was in pretty good condition overall but had never been detailed to my knowledge. Pretty simple job nonetheless.

-PREP-
Clean tires, wheels, and wells with Optimum Power Clean (3:1) and various brushes.
Wash body of vehicle with 2 oz. Optimum Car Wash, 1 oz. Optimum Power Clean, and 1 oz. ONR.
Treat tires with Optimum Tire Shine. OTS is left to dwell on the tires the entire duration of the detail to allow dressing to absorb into the rubber. There's virtually no excess to wipe off when I'm finished.

-PAINT-
Clay all painted surfaces with Clay Magic blue clay and ONR.
Polish with PC, speed 5, LC White 5.5" polishing pad, and Optimum Poli-Seal.
Seal paint with DP Surface Shield Protectant. I used this to clear out some old stock, but actually came away from it really impressed. The shine was terrific and the slickness was very good.

-INTERIOR-
Vacuum carpets, mats, seat crevices, etc.
Clean all plastic, vinyl, and leather with a combination of steam and Woolite & water (6:1).
Shampoo carpets and mats with Bio-Kleen Traffic Lane Cleaner (4:1).
Treat all plastic, vinyl, and leather with Optimum Protectant Plus.
Clean all glass inside and out with ONR.

-PICTURES-

nice job dude! only thing do they really need that many effing vents in a car?
Old 04-20-2009, 10:46 AM   #5
Resident Detailer

mShu7's Tacoma Gallery
LOL, thanks! Yeah I spent a little more time on vent cleaning in this car than I have to do with most other cars.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:15 AM   #6
sapper987 will become famous soon enough

Army: Vet
sapper987's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome job! Looks like it was done by a professional . How long did that take you? Got any before pics?
Old 04-20-2009, 11:17 AM   #7
Resident Detailer

mShu7's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks sapper! Think it took me about 5-6 hours. I worked on it for a while one evening and then finished it up the next morning. No before pictures. It was already in pretty good condition.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:27 PM   #8
I am the Sofa King
harshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shed

harshest's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mShu7 View Post
Pardon my ignorance but what do you mean when you say this? What is a door shut?

Nice job BTW, I like seeing yours and other show and shines over at autogeek.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:31 PM   #9
Resident Detailer

mShu7's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks harshest! Glad to know people are seeing my work on more than one board.

Door shuts = door jambs. Same difference