Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Water Spots!!!

Old 04-25-2009, 12:37 PM   #1
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
Water Spots!!!

Ok....had some water spots on my truck from some sprinklers. I couldn't wash it for a few days. When I did finally wash it, they were still there. I used white vinegar.....still there. I waxed it 8 times......alternated between liquid wax (Nu Finish) & a buffer and Maquires paste cleaner wax by hand. They're on the hood only it looks like.They're more faint but still there and driving me nuts!!!!!

Anyone got a way to make them go away???? Could a body shop remove them?
Old 04-25-2009, 12:38 PM   #2
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311-Bravo 1/23 4th Mar. Div. Reserves
Name: Adam
Untamed_SS's Tacoma Gallery
Windex and Microfiber rags work for me!
Old 04-25-2009, 12:40 PM   #3
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
coffee filters (the white paper ones) work great for getting water spots off of glass....might help next time
Old 04-25-2009, 12:41 PM   #4
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311-Bravo 1/23 4th Mar. Div. Reserves
Name: Adam
Untamed_SS's Tacoma Gallery
good info. I can't really get them off my windows. But off the body is easy.

It seems to me like the sliding rear glass gets the most, but the others don't really get as much? Anybody else see that?
Old 04-25-2009, 12:41 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
try some chrome polish and microfiber rags....works very well. then use some stoner invisible glass to get them good and clean. then....rain-x the hell outta them!!
Old 04-25-2009, 01:07 PM   #6
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamed_SS View Post
good info. I can't really get them off my windows. But off the body is easy.

It seems to me like the sliding rear glass gets the most, but the others don't really get as much? Anybody else see that?
Yeah Ive noticed that. It gets annoying.... And usually my truck is always facing towards the sun

The access windows get spotty too
Old 04-25-2009, 01:52 PM   #7
Head of the MASTERS CIRCLE
mar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to behold

mar_ga_rita's Tacoma Gallery
I think it may be acid rain.... lol.... on the windows when I clean them I used a fresh razor blade.... and scraped the window... inside and out... and it works great to get rid of anything on windows... but I had it on the body of my last truck and I used chrome polish...
Old 04-25-2009, 06:22 PM   #8
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
White kind of chrome polish? I have NVR DULL (I think) wadding cloth I use on my aluminum bike rims.

Don't want to damage the paint.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:00 PM   #9
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigk View Post
White kind of chrome polish? I have NVR DULL (I think) wadding cloth I use on my aluminum bike rims.

Don't want to damage the paint.
if its on the paint.....try a clay bar, then some polish.......only use chrome polish on the windows.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:29 PM   #10
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
if its on the paint.....try a clay bar, then some polish.......only use chrome polish on the windows.
x2 on clay bar... no problem for it
Old 04-27-2009, 05:42 AM   #11
I am the Sofa King
harshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shed

harshest's Tacoma Gallery
x3 on the clay bar, then try something like Meguiars ScratchX, or SwirlX or even Ultimate Compound.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:12 AM   #12
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!
Rtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rtrn2taco's Tacoma Gallery
I use steel wool while keeping it drenched with windex for my windows. Haven't noticed it on the paint but I have all kinds of time at work to keep the paint freshly waxed.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:14 PM   #13
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
waxed 8 times? intense
Old 05-05-2009, 05:33 PM   #15
6 Double 5 3 2 1

thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
Well I finally got time to try the clay bar............NO GO

The paint is as smooth as silk but the spots are still there. I'm going to take it to a body shop this week & see what they say. Hopefully they can buff them out.....if not I'll claim it on insurance & have it repainted

If I EVER get sprinkler water on a vehicle again I will get a backhoe & dig up every motherf......well you get the picture
Old 05-05-2009, 05:48 PM   #16
wormhole7 is on a distinguished road

wormhole7's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to wormhole7
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigk View Post
Well I finally got time to try the clay bar............NO GO

The paint is as smooth as silk but the spots are still there. I'm going to take it to a body shop this week & see what they say. Hopefully they can buff them out.....if not I'll claim it on insurance & have it repainted

If I EVER get sprinkler water on a vehicle again I will get a backhoe & dig up every motherf......well you get the picture
Let us know if the body shop can do it and what they charge, if you don't mind. I have a similar problem only it's not water spots, it's dog slobber. I haven't found anything that will even make a slight difference.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:13 PM   #17
BRT
BigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
BigRedToy's Tacoma Gallery
You have wax on top of the dirt now and from the way it sounds, a lot of wax. You need to use a good detailer spray with claybar and it should get it out. This strips the wax off down to the clear coat. Once you get this dirt out take the advice in the detailer thread and follow every step. After you do this you will never have that problem ever again even if the dirt gets baked in the sun.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:27 PM   #18
6 Double 5 3 2 1

thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
Ok.....I took it to the body shop today. They said it doesn't look too bad. Polishing it out.....2hrs labor at $46/hr.

He said he'd do a small area to make sure it was going to work before I get charged. If it looked like a no go he'd let me know so I could decide on paint.

4 weeks they're backed up o it'll be a bit.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:33 PM   #19
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
I have waterspots ALL OVER the Expedition because last July when I got the Mazda I stopped caring as much for the Expedition and barely ever washed it so since then the spots got worse but they were already there before. Anyways! I gotta wash, wax, buff it so I need a way to take this shit off paint. I think that question has been more or less answered here (for me). So if you have a way to take out swirl marks I'd love to know!
Old 05-07-2009, 09:36 PM   #20
6 Double 5 3 2 1

thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoholic View Post
I have waterspots ALL OVER the Expedition because last July when I got the Mazda I stopped caring as much for the Expedition and barely ever washed it so since then the spots got worse but they were already there before. Anyways! I gotta wash, wax, buff it so I need a way to take this shit off paint. I think that question has been more or less answered here (for me). So if you have a way to take out swirl marks I'd love to know!
I heard this works good
http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/detail/MEG+G17616