Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Tire Detailing

Old 05-01-2009, 12:22 PM   #1
I am the Sofa King
harshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shed

harshest's Tacoma Gallery
Tire Detailing

I saw this over at the Meguiars forum and thought it looked kind of interesting.

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32782
Old 05-01-2009, 12:55 PM   #2
Austin Taco is a jewel in the roughAustin Taco is a jewel in the roughAustin Taco is a jewel in the roughAustin Taco is a jewel in the rough
Austin Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like a little overkill if you ask me. Just spray whatever cleaner you use on the tire and let it dry. Looks new and you don't have to go through all these steps.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:23 PM   #3
I am the Sofa King
harshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shed

harshest's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I know, but you have to keep in mind that guy a professional detailer who may have a small case of OCD.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:04 PM   #5
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
hes got waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much time on his hands.try stoner products.works awsome.trim shine/tire shine.cant beat it.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:40 PM   #6
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
stop what ur doing...fill a spray bottle with 4 oz of degreaser and the rest water...wet the tires, spray the tires with the degreaser and u will see all the old dressing fall off and then rinse, let dry and dress up again
Old 05-04-2009, 08:22 PM   #7
Oh yeah!
rb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rob
rb11701's Tacoma Gallery
I usually spray a 50-50 degreaser on the tires and let the soak. Might go around 1 more time if I feel the tires are extra dirty. Then I get my tire bucket and a small scrubber and scrub up the tires, adding deagreaser as I see fit. I then use a wet micro fiber cloth that is just for the rims to wipe down the rims and as much of the inside rim as my fingers can get at. Then a solid washing. After I am done washing the truck, I use the same soapy water to thenwash the rims once again to ensure all grime is off and all nooks and crannies are gotten into. Solid wash again. I usually cloth dry my rims and then add my was to them. 5 mins, wipe off. Tire dressing goes on last and inthe street. Meguire's applied with an old facecloth and rubber gloves.

Seems like a lot, but it isn't unless you have some big tires. Just part of the deal to keep the truck looking sharp.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:25 PM   #8
C_Teachout is on a distinguished road
C_Teachout's Tacoma Gallery
Wolfgang makes a great tire detail kit that gives either that smooth clean satin shine or if you really like the super shiney you can do that to, and unlike all of those other foam tire shines etc they dont fling off all over your quarters and leave oil stains on your nice new wax job
Old 05-07-2009, 09:30 PM   #9
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
Wow...I use Armor All tire shine. Wipe on & let dry. It doesn't "shine".....it's more like a new tire look. I love it!
Old 05-07-2009, 09:39 PM   #10
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
Yea I find that it'll sling no matter what but that's just the directions on the thing maybe I'll try this once and see what it does. Might not be worth it but it could look really good and I'll take pics.