1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

This is the wife...and I need help!

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by MurphyZ, May 1, 2009.

1. May 1, 2009 at 9:53 PM
    MurphyZ

MurphyZ [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    I HATE SPICYTACOS
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    97 4runner, 08 Tundy
    89 SAS 3.4 1st gen 4runner- Sold 3.4 swap cut hood for clearance exhaust x-over and magnaflow muffler lockright in the rear SAS 83 toy axle (Wab-Fab) 4xinnovations sliders roof rack from 2nd gen for kayak.
    Hey guys, so this is ztx1000's wife, my husband is at bootcamp right now and I need to buy seat covers for our truck...where should I go? I have bought 6 different seat covers from Bi-Mart, Wal-Mart, and Fred Meyers and NONE of them fit our seats. The crease at the bottom of the seat is about 8 inches too high on the seat...I went to our local Toyota dealership and they wanted $160 per row for the custom fit seat covers - is that normal? Should I buy those? Help! :eek:

2. May 1, 2009 at 9:54 PM
    DanGer

DanGer Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    Look at the wet oakol group buy going on! They are by far the best seat covers you can get!

3. May 1, 2009 at 9:54 PM
    DanGer

DanGer Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
  4. May 1, 2009 at 9:55 PM
    FlawedXJ

FlawedXJ mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    NorAla
    Vehicle:
    13 F150 FX4, 99 jeep xj, 04 msm miata
    I actually have a jeep now. Imagine that.
    Check the wet okole link in my signature, they are expensive but Awesomeeeeeee!!!!

5. May 1, 2009 at 9:56 PM
    neslerrah

neslerrah Taco lovin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!
    Secondary air filter removed, elbow mod, BFG T/A KO (31x10.5R15), 15" American Racing Mojaves, BHLM, Dome Light MOD (Blue), Pioneer headunit, Sockmonkey 'TACOMA' Decals, Readylift 5-lug SST, Rear Shocks - Bilstein TRD, Dynomax Super Turbo #17748, DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit H4 Hi/Lo -35W 6000K in headlights, Apexcone Raptor HID Kit H3 - 35W 6000K in Hella 500s, aFe CAI #51-10762, WeatherTech Floorliner, 200W Smart AC Inverter
    I agree! Get in on the group buy!

6. May 1, 2009 at 9:56 PM
    Stillfly199

Stillfly199 ( . )( . )

Member:
    First Name:
    J.D.
    Bro Capital of the word
    Vehicle:
    2010 FJ Cruiser
  7. May 2, 2009 at 5:18 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Check out RuffTuff...they make all sorts of materials & such.
    http://www.rufftuff.com/

I personally don't like neoprene, so I didn't get the wet okales

8. May 2, 2009 at 5:39 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Yeah...You can expect to pay a pretty decent bit for great seat covers...Wet Okole if you like neoprene or rufftuff for other materials.
    There is the group buy for discounted pricing going on for the WO covers that was linked already.

The covers you get a AAP or PepBoys or Walmart suck....They are covers and they make bad seats look better...but they just don't hold up and they tend not to fit...either they just don't fit at all...or they are loose and baggy on the seat.

Best of luck making your decision!!

9. May 2, 2009 at 7:06 AM
    mitiko

mitiko Well-Known Member

Member:
    lax
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner trd
    trd seat cover are expensive but for me are the best ,fix and long live aoke better quality and more$$$$

Products Discussed in

To Top