Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

How do you dry your truck?

View Poll Results: How do you dry off your truck?
Absorber 850 46.22%
Cotton Towel 470 25.56%
Air dry 366 19.90%
ShamWOW 153 8.32%
Voters: 1839. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-03-2009, 09:10 PM   #21
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i usually drive mine around the block to air dry, then i'll finish up with an absorber or a waffle weave type towel...or a good microfiber towel.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:10 PM   #22
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Cotton towel.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:23 PM   #23
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
i usually drive mine around the block to air dry, then i'll finish up with an absorber or a waffle weave type towel...or a good microfiber towel.
best of both worlds.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:53 PM   #24
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
haha leaf blower... Havent heard that before
Leaf blower works good. Once every 6 months or so, I remove my seats and use the blower to blow the crap outta my truck.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:29 PM   #25
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
yall and these fancy ass drying techniques

if it doesnt dry on the road home from the drive thru car wash...then it will dry in the air in my driveway
Old 05-03-2009, 11:33 PM   #26
Tacoma with the TRI package
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tri
TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRICOMA Send a message via MSN to TRICOMA
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
shammy, leaf blower for cracks, and then shammy the water that runs out.
^^ tip from a detailer i know.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:16 AM   #27
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
I drive a half mile to shake it out, then two terri bath towels to dry and a third to rebuff.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:40 AM   #28
Oh yeah!
rb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rob
rb11701's Tacoma Gallery
I use a product called California Water Blade. It is surgical grade silicone. Like a squeege fpr the car. Only shaped like a T at the end. Have used it since '97 on my first BLACK Taco. Never had a problem with scratches. Go over once or so with the blade and then a microfiger drying cloth. Drying time is like 1/2 of just using a towel or shammy.

I have seen a smaller version and a competitive product at Wal-Mart. Mine is 10" or so. The smaller one might be 6". The thing works great and can mold around stuff to get in corners. Staple item in all of my detailing friends toolbox.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:23 AM   #30
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GotLift37's Tacoma Gallery
i usually ran my taco down the highway about 100mph and run the 4runner down the highway also. im like 2 minutes from the highway not even that
Old 05-04-2009, 10:03 AM   #31
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb11701 View Post
I use a product called California Water Blade. It is surgical grade silicone. Like a squeege fpr the car. Only shaped like a T at the end. Have used it since '97 on my first BLACK Taco. Never had a problem with scratches. Go over once or so with the blade and then a microfiger drying cloth. Drying time is like 1/2 of just using a towel or shammy.

I have seen a smaller version and a competitive product at Wal-Mart. Mine is 10" or so. The smaller one might be 6". The thing works great and can mold around stuff to get in corners. Staple item in all of my detailing friends toolbox.
Ive heard of that. I wouldn't think it would actaully work too well DRYING it off. But appearantly it does
Old 05-04-2009, 10:24 AM   #32
argm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant future
argm31i's Tacoma Gallery
I have the lads at the carwash do it for me...
Old 05-04-2009, 10:34 AM   #33
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
First: leaf blower
Second: quick detailer and a microfiber towel

..I used chamois, but it tends to take wax off...
Old 05-04-2009, 10:46 AM   #34
PeteK is just really nicePeteK is just really nicePeteK is just really nicePeteK is just really nice
PeteK's Tacoma Gallery
I use a water blade, then clean up the remaining drops with microfiber towel.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:05 AM   #35
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
First: leaf blower
Second: quick detailer and a microfiber towel

..I used chamois, but it tends to take wax off...
Chamois...? Like Absorbers? I havent noticed that
Old 05-04-2009, 05:37 PM   #36
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
i use a microfiber to knock off water then another towel to finish and my air compressor to finish of course another microfiber to dry the water from the cracks
Old 05-04-2009, 08:15 PM   #37
Oh yeah!
rb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rob
rb11701's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
Ive heard of that. I wouldn't think it would actaully work too well DRYING it off. But appearantly it does
It's great at taking I'd say 85-90% of the water off, streak free. Then. either a shammy or the microfiver dry towel and you are done. The shammy was always the pain in the ass. Wipe, wipe, squueze, etc.

Best money I ever spent on anything to detail the vehicles. Plus, if you detail any cars, you will like it even more.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:45 AM   #39
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketball View Post
I take a short drive (about 1/2 mile at 70 MPH) down a very fast road, and then follow up with a microfiber towel.
x6

Just driving down the road leaves water marks. I use an absorber or slightly damn microfiber towel to wipe it down and get the water spots off.

Products Discussed in this Thread