Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

How do you dry your truck?

View Poll Results: How do you dry off your truck?
Absorber 847 46.28%
Cotton Towel 469 25.63%
Air dry 363 19.84%
ShamWOW 151 8.25%
Voters: 1830. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-10-2013, 05:31 AM   #542
car78412 is a splendid one to beholdcar78412 is a splendid one to beholdcar78412 is a splendid one to beholdcar78412 is a splendid one to beholdcar78412 is a splendid one to beholdcar78412 is a splendid one to behold

car78412's Tacoma Gallery
California blade with a microfiber towel.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:56 PM   #543
curmudgeon
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Timmy
TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
None of the above! I jump on the freeway
Old 06-13-2013, 10:53 AM   #544
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
sunlight dries my truck
Old 07-04-2013, 02:57 PM   #545
Cooter1 has a spectacular aura aboutCooter1 has a spectacular aura about
EMS: Paramedic 16 years
Name: Heath
Cooter1's Tacoma Gallery
MetroVac Masterblaster and waffle weave drying towels.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:08 PM   #546
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
Ride around the neighborhood.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:37 AM   #547
Chaloots is just really niceChaloots is just really niceChaloots is just really niceChaloots is just really niceChaloots is just really nice
Chaloots's Tacoma Gallery
i've been using the leaf blower method followed up by the absorber lately. it works amazing since i just waxed the truck with 2 coats of collonite 845 wax
Old 08-01-2013, 02:57 PM   #548
dafloydboy will become famous soon enough

Name: M.L. Evans
dafloydboy's Tacoma Gallery
Leaf blower works great with a couple of towels.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:17 AM   #549
Nixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nixinus's Tacoma Gallery
California blade and an 'absorber'. No water marks after
Old 08-20-2013, 12:21 PM   #550
Mr. Pick is on a distinguished road

Mr. Pick's Tacoma Gallery
Old fashioned chamois.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:50 PM   #551
Colt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
Colt562's Tacoma Gallery
Chamois with microfiber towel following it. I also use a leaf blower to blow out the water in the cracks.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:17 AM   #552
Munstertoyo is on a distinguished road
Munstertoyo's Tacoma Gallery
Cali blade followed by an absorber. Works great!
Old 09-03-2013, 05:20 AM   #553
spieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

spieler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EquinsuOcha View Post
Absorber. Fuck Shamwow. Absorber was around years before Shamwow. The Absorber has served me well for over 9 years, I'll never use anythng else.
Same here. I have 2, one for the paint area, one for the wheels/tires/etc. I also do the silicone blade first too, saves lots of time. BUT it has to be done in the shade.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:08 AM   #554
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Leaf blower is what I use! Gotta love the gas powered stihls!!
Old 09-15-2013, 09:36 PM   #555
lucap100is is on a distinguished road
lucap100is's Tacoma Gallery
electric leaf blower then quick detailer.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:30 AM   #556
spieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

spieler's Tacoma Gallery
U guys are hard core. my leaf blower is actually my shop vac so the time it takes to "set it up" isnt worth it. I just do the silicone blade then follow with a shammy. I have a separate shammy to dry the tires/wheels though!
Old 09-18-2013, 03:35 PM   #557
Mr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Sparkle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
Mr. Sparkle's Tacoma Gallery
As a full time detailer my concern is marring up the paint. Which inevitably will happen with cotton towels, shamwows, absorbers or water blades. too much friction and risk for scratching the paint. Sounds super anal but if you've spent 2 days polishing a car, and you see it 2 weeks later for a wash, you'd be concerned. Not always the case but I kinda establish a system I like and stick with it

with that said - I dry with

Sheeting method (rinsing the vehicle with garden hose open - water will cling to itself and run off the car in big sheets leaving less to dry)

Cordless Leaf Blower - 32v plastic tip inverted

waffle weave microfiber towel or a plush microfiber towel

Not a big fan of 'quick detail' products to end the wash. If anything I'd rather put some spray wax on. That'll remove any light water spots you may have gotten along with leaving some protection behind. Most can be applied with some water left on the car for a 'shine as you dry' type of thing
Old 09-19-2013, 05:21 AM   #558

spieler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle View Post
As a full time detailer my concern is marring up the paint. Which inevitably will happen with cotton towels, shamwows, absorbers or water blades. too much friction and risk for scratching the paint. Sounds super anal but if you've spent 2 days polishing a car, and you see it 2 weeks later for a wash, you'd be concerned. Not always the case but I kinda establish a system I like and stick with it

with that said - I dry with

Sheeting method (rinsing the vehicle with garden hose open - water will cling to itself and run off the car in big sheets leaving less to dry)

Cordless Leaf Blower - 32v plastic tip inverted

waffle weave microfiber towel or a plush microfiber towel

Not a big fan of 'quick detail' products to end the wash. If anything I'd rather put some spray wax on. That'll remove any light water spots you may have gotten along with leaving some protection behind. Most can be applied with some water left on the car for a 'shine as you dry' type of thing
Great tips Mr. Sparkle (great business name btw) I guess I need to not be so lazy and get out my leaf blower and give that a try.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:08 PM   #559
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
Get on the highway and floor it
Old 09-28-2013, 05:29 AM   #560
Gonzo66 is on a distinguished road
Name: G
Gonzo66's Tacoma Gallery
found it cheaper at pep boys... $14.99. Wally world wants $16.97... Hey $1.98 is still a deal....Now i can buy a beef jerky ....lol

Products Discussed in this Thread