Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

How do you dry your truck?

View Poll Results: How do you dry off your truck?
Absorber 847 46.28%
Cotton Towel 469 25.63%
Air dry 363 19.84%
ShamWOW 151 8.25%
Voters: 1830. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-01-2013, 07:12 PM   #561
BallzDeep is how I go
916TacoTruck has a brilliant future916TacoTruck has a brilliant future916TacoTruck has a brilliant future916TacoTruck has a brilliant future916TacoTruck has a brilliant future916TacoTruck has a brilliant future916TacoTruck has a brilliant future916TacoTruck has a brilliant future916TacoTruck has a brilliant future916TacoTruck has a brilliant future916TacoTruck has a brilliant future

Name: Mike
916TacoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
I do not take the hose to my truck. I use a spray bottle of just water and clean a section of the truck at a time. The wax last a lot longer without the use of soap. No water runs to worry about at its a lot less water to dry off. Nice plush microfiber towels to dry.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:14 AM   #562
whonoez has a spectacular aura aboutwhonoez has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jay
whonoez's Tacoma Gallery
Leaf blower! Air compressor for the cracks! Been doin that for years now!
Old 10-04-2013, 05:58 AM   #563
spieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

spieler's Tacoma Gallery
Im amazed, and applaud, how much time and effort some of you guys/gals put into washing and drying your rigs. The only time I took that much pride if you want to call it that was was back when I had a black Bimmer M3, now...well I own a truck, and the bed is already scratched from use....cause its a bed...on a truck. That being said I do still use the 2 bucket method and different rags for paint and wheels, and different shammies for both as well!
Old 10-04-2013, 07:40 AM   #564
Master Baiter
jethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Geoff
jethro's Tacoma Gallery
It gets washed when it rains, and it dries when it doesn't.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:17 AM   #565
scirocco16v is on a distinguished road
scirocco16v's Tacoma Gallery
Once I'm done washing I take it for a quick drive around the block (have all the access water come out) Then I use the leaf blower to get out the rest. Then not much drying needed with the Chamois.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:50 PM   #566
Tacodriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Tacodriver's Tacoma Gallery
I use the Absorber and sometimes Mothers quick detailer with microfiber towels after.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:33 AM   #567
TheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud of
TheCookieMonster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacodriver View Post
I use the Absorber and sometimes Mothers quick detailer with microfiber towels after.
X2,Absorber with Meguires Quik Detailer and micro towels,reminds me I got to go wash my truck before the Football games start
Old 10-31-2013, 02:55 PM   #568
AbstraKt is on a distinguished road
AbstraKt's Tacoma Gallery
a sheet of water then hit it with the absorber
Old 10-31-2013, 03:01 PM   #569
Colt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
Colt562's Tacoma Gallery
Used the absorber for the first time yesterday, I like it but followed it up with a microfiber towel.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:56 PM   #570
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
I drive really fast after I wash it...
Old 11-04-2013, 03:01 PM   #571
DirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dino
DirtyTacos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademan925 View Post
Best way....

Or, air compressor + High pressure nozzle + shammy BOOM
Old 11-04-2013, 03:07 PM   #572
tc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nik
tc98tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Your not alone
Old 11-12-2013, 07:22 PM   #573
JKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
JKU3000's Tacoma Gallery
I will now be using the leaf blower, thats awesome!
Old 11-23-2013, 02:41 AM   #574
Yotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Connal
Yotabilly's Tacoma Gallery
I work at a full service car wash. It gets air dried by fourteen blowers. What's left gets toweled off with micro-fiber towels. Occasionally I'll go next door to the detail shop and used compressed air to blow the remaining water out of the seals and emblems etc....
Old 12-03-2013, 09:20 PM   #575
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
BBtacosurfer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro View Post
It gets washed when it rains, and it dries when it doesn't.
X2
Old 12-03-2013, 09:20 PM   #576
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
BBtacosurfer's Tacoma Gallery
I actually thought my neighbor was ridiculous for using a leaf blower on his BMW when he dried it...I started using one on my truck when I bought it, works like a charm
Old 12-30-2013, 01:10 PM   #577
jdavis92 has much to be proud ofjdavis92 has much to be proud ofjdavis92 has much to be proud ofjdavis92 has much to be proud ofjdavis92 has much to be proud ofjdavis92 has much to be proud ofjdavis92 has much to be proud ofjdavis92 has much to be proud ofjdavis92 has much to be proud ofjdavis92 has much to be proud of
Navy: Radioman Petty Officer Second Class
jdavis92's Tacoma Gallery
I checked the cotton towels button because that's what I have been using.

The next time I wash I will be using air and waffle weave microfiber towels.

I have learned A LOT over the past few months over at Detailed Image.

http://www.detailedimage.com/

Jeff in Flagstaff
Old 12-31-2013, 05:49 AM   #578
spieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

spieler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
x2, but lets get real....I never wash it....
Old 01-31-2014, 09:50 AM   #580
Toy Truck Fan
Hungry is on a distinguished road
Canadian Army: R Westmr R, 1PPCLI, LER
Name: Barney
Hungry's Tacoma Gallery
Electric Leaf Blower (rechargeable) from Home Depot, FTW! I'm too lazy to use a chamois!

cheers,
bArney

Products Discussed in this Thread