Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

How do I clean the TRD seat covers?

Old 05-04-2009, 01:00 AM   #1
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Question How do I clean the TRD seat covers?

I've got the factory Toyota TRD seat covers and my drivers side is a bit dirty on the gray part from all of the work I do in the outdoors. I'm curious to know what the recommended way of cleaning them is. I thought about some spray carpet cleaner but thats probably only for small spots at best, plus i dont know how it would affect the materials. I also thought about putting them in the washer on delicates cyle with a little laundry soap and then air drying before putting them back in. So, a little confused..... whats the best method for cleaning them without messing them up?
Old 05-04-2009, 01:02 AM   #2
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Take them off wash them by hand in warm/hot soapy water and let them air dry.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:15 AM   #3
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
Take them off wash them by hand in warm/hot soapy water and let them air dry.
Thought about that too, but seems like a lot of work due to their size and being fairly stiff material. If thats the only way, I guess I'll have to just deal with it
Old 05-04-2009, 01:27 AM   #4
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Thought about that too, but seems like a lot of work due to their size and being fairly stiff material. If thats the only way, I guess I'll have to just deal with it
I would just be worried about putting them in the washer even on a delicate cycle, i think they would get frayed or something...
Old 05-04-2009, 02:38 AM   #5
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Oxiclean works great! I used it on my armrest & the doors. It removed the oil & dirt from my vinyl. It works great on many things.

I bought some at wally world (Walmart)

Old 05-04-2009, 04:39 AM   #7
She's Fat, I'm Drunk, It's On.
05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05 TRD Sport's Tacoma Gallery
I've cleaned all sorts of stuff including coffee off the gray part of my TRD seatcovers(still on the seat) with a damp cloth, I suppose a little soap wouldn't hurt. Start out mild. I'd stay away from laundry machines too
Old 05-04-2009, 08:04 AM   #8
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 TRD Sport View Post
I've cleaned all sorts of stuff including coffee off the gray part of my TRD seatcovers(still on the seat) with a damp cloth, I suppose a little soap wouldn't hurt. Start out mild. I'd stay away from laundry machines too
A front loading washing machine is great for washing seat covers. Just throw them in on the delicate cycle and it's all good. Front loaders just tumble the clothes around - no post in the middle to twist shit up.

My rufftuff covers have been in my front loader about 4 times.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:35 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
A front loading washing machine is great for washing seat covers. Just throw them in on the delicate cycle and it's all good. Front loaders just tumble the clothes around - no post in the middle to twist shit up.

My rufftuff covers have been in my front loader about 4 times.
Thats what I was thinking about the front loading washer. You think these would be ok in there? I'll still see what Toyota says too though.