Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

need some help here

Old 02-06-2015, 03:03 PM   #1
partnerpal is a splendid one to beholdpartnerpal is a splendid one to beholdpartnerpal is a splendid one to beholdpartnerpal is a splendid one to beholdpartnerpal is a splendid one to beholdpartnerpal is a splendid one to beholdpartnerpal is a splendid one to beholdpartnerpal is a splendid one to behold
Name: andrew
partnerpal's Tacoma Gallery
need some help here

i replaced my orig steel rims from my '04 Tacoma with some new ones.....
i kept the old ones and want to clean the inside... 11 yrs of caked on brk dust and brown gook need some kind of a solvent ??

any suggestions ??? thanks for any ideas
Old 02-16-2015, 11:08 PM   #2
CodyH. is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Aircraft weapons
Name: Cody
CodyH.'s Tacoma Gallery
I'm not sure if this would work or not, but I use this purple stuff called "super clean" to clean up grease/oil. It may work on the inside of your rims. Or maybe even Tuff Stuff. Not sure, these are just random suggestions....I see your original post on this was 10 days ago...have you cleaned them yet?
Old 02-17-2015, 08:11 AM   #3
ace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
You need to use something like Adam's Deep wheel cleaner. It works well. Sonax also makes one similar but I don't recall the name.
Old 02-17-2015, 10:21 AM   #4
TacoM3DX is on a distinguished road

Name: Kal
TacoM3DX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace96 View Post
You need to use something like Adam's Deep wheel cleaner. It works well. Sonax also makes one similar but I don't recall the name.
I believe you may be referring to Sonax Wheel Cleaner Plus. I use this and it is amazing.
Old 02-17-2015, 10:25 AM   #5
The way is open, the time is now
Mrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Mrogers33's Tacoma Gallery
any home remedies as replacements to the super cleaners? I have the thick break dust & gook too but I figure if it takes several applications to break through the layers then it would be a waste of $15 in wheel cleaner just to get it partway clean
Old 02-17-2015, 12:05 PM   #6
ace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
Trust me both of the previously mentioned products work better than any home remedy. Yes, they are pricey but you get what you pay for.