Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

black emblem?

View Poll Results: which black finish for my emblems?
flat/matte black 169 56.71%
satin black 70 23.49%
gloss black 59 19.80%
Voters: 298. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-07-2009, 10:26 PM   #1
KingRama4 is on a distinguished road
KingRama4's Tacoma Gallery
black emblem?

plannin on painting the emblems but having a hard time picking the type of black paint i want to use. should i go with a flat black, semi gloss, or gloss black? which would look better on a magnetic grey truck?
Old 05-07-2009, 10:29 PM   #2
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
it depends on how shiney you want the emblem, if you dont want it shiney go with matte black thats what i used and with a clear coat.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:41 PM   #3
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
This is either flat black or satin, I can't remember

Old 05-09-2009, 07:02 AM   #5
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
i just painted mine semi gloss with no clear..looks good
Old 05-09-2009, 02:05 PM   #6
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
wheres the hammered finish option? thats the best IMO
Old 05-09-2009, 02:07 PM   #7
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
i like the semi gloss as it will blend better with your glossy paint
Old 05-09-2009, 02:09 PM   #8
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
I just painted mine 2 days ago and used gloss. It's actually hard to tell that they are gloss since they are so small. They have move of a luster than a shiney gloss to them.

I thought about using flat or a "hammered" finish, but with them being kind of small, with no real big flat durfaces, I choose gloss.

I also thought that a flat of hammered finish might tend to be a dirt and/or wax magnet.

Here's what mine look like in gloss black:

Old 05-09-2009, 02:12 PM   #9
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
rocketball again nice work, wanna come down to Ric to do mine?
Old 05-09-2009, 02:18 PM   #10
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtragweed View Post
wheres the hammered finish option? thats the best IMO
Rustoleum makes a rattle can that will spray into a hammered finish. In my area the cans sell for about $6 ea.

Check Wallyworld.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:22 PM   #12
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
what are you talking about maryland is like touching va
Old 05-09-2009, 02:30 PM   #14
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
its all good im prolly going to do some of the cheap/free mods after mothers day week
Old 05-09-2009, 02:34 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgman View Post
its all good im prolly going to do some of the cheap/free mods after mothers day week
This mod definately falls into the cheap category. Even if you have to buy the paint and 3M tape, it should only cost you a whole $10.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:35 PM   #16
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
yep and i wanna do the defrost w/o a/c mod too
Old 06-22-2009, 12:08 PM   #17
ElPhantasmo&TheChickenRunBlastarama
rutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud of
rutherk1's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to rutherk1
Find a black like the put on the old sequoia wheels. Similar to the black on the ///M3 wheels. I think that emblem color may even be an option on some toyota models (non Tacoma)
Old 07-29-2009, 01:05 PM   #18
1sicktaco is on a distinguished road
1sicktaco's Tacoma Gallery
flat black
Old 08-02-2009, 11:22 AM   #19
URBIKESUCKS is on a distinguished road

Army: US ARMY RECRUITER GATEWAY MALL
Name: Ron
URBIKESUCKS's Tacoma Gallery
flat black w/ sand camo style

black w/ sand camo just like my l-plate holder
Old 08-02-2009, 11:39 AM   #20
duke598 is on a distinguished road

duke598's Tacoma Gallery
I installed a 4 piece billet grille and blacked out my emblem, I love the look of it with my impulse red pearl

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/d.../IMG_11051.JPG