Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Insect splatters on windsheld

Old 05-09-2009, 06:53 PM   #1
JONNY TACO will become famous soon enoughJONNY TACO will become famous soon enough
JONNY TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Insect splatters on windsheld

What the best and easiest way to wash insect splatters of my windsheld ?
Old 05-09-2009, 06:56 PM   #2
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
windex and elbow grease
Old 05-09-2009, 07:05 PM   #3
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Hot water and a terri cloth. Just trust me.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:39 AM   #5
JONNY TACO will become famous soon enoughJONNY TACO will become famous soon enough
I was thinking of covering the windsheld with SARAN WRAP; than replacing it when it got covered with splattered bugs. LOL
Old 05-10-2009, 02:07 PM   #7
Rrunner--- i took your advice- works like a charm - thanks
Old 05-11-2009, 05:54 AM   #8
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
I'm glad FYI hot water also works on tree sap-
Old 05-11-2009, 06:41 AM   #9
I am the Sofa King
harshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shed

harshest's Tacoma Gallery
Stoners Invisible Glass in the aerosol can and a microfiber
Old 05-11-2009, 09:23 PM   #11
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
clay bar ha
Old 06-01-2009, 07:30 PM   #12
TacoMOnster07 is a splendid one to beholdTacoMOnster07 is a splendid one to beholdTacoMOnster07 is a splendid one to beholdTacoMOnster07 is a splendid one to beholdTacoMOnster07 is a splendid one to beholdTacoMOnster07 is a splendid one to behold
TacoMOnster07's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TacoMOnster07
I got some Bug and tar remover from Turtle Wax. Works really good. I wet my windshield. Use a folded blue shop towel, one of those really strong ones. Pour bug remover on cloth and apply to windshield, it takes like no time and no elbow grease at all. When I drive from NJ to PA 200 miles. I must kill at least 400 bugs between my windshield, bumper, and grill.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:33 PM   #13
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph16drive View Post
Has anyone tried the bug windshield washer fluid in their reservoir?
i use rain x bug and tar washer fluid. helps when the bug splatter is fresh, not so good when they are dried on
Old 06-01-2009, 07:36 PM   #14
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONNY TACO View Post
I was thinking of covering the windsheld with SARAN WRAP; than replacing it when it got covered with splattered bugs. LOL

You need the NASCAR tear offs!
Old 06-01-2009, 07:38 PM   #15
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Put rain-x on your WS once you get the bugs off with a bug and tar remover. It will help so much in the future.

Also try and find a glass wax.... is just as good as Rain-X. But Rain-X is half the price
Old 06-01-2009, 07:39 PM   #16
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
The stuff they make for aircraft windshields works wonders.

http://www.mypilotstore.com/mypilotstore/sep/4256

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...rightclear.php