Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

trd sticker removal

Old 05-11-2009, 09:18 PM   #1
commtrd
commtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
commtrd's Tacoma Gallery
trd sticker removal

How can I remove the trd sport stickers on the sides of the truck at the stern? Without harming the paint?
Old 05-11-2009, 09:19 PM   #2
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
what year is ur truck?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...tml#post176609
Old 05-11-2009, 09:23 PM   #3
TW Addict
Y0TA is a name known to allY0TA is a name known to allY0TA is a name known to allY0TA is a name known to allY0TA is a name known to allY0TA is a name known to all

Army: (01/2006-07/2009)B 2-44 ADA 101st Airbone Air Assault Division
Name: Zac
Y0TA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Y0TA
i just did mine thi weekend. use a hairdryer to heat it up and just pull it off. i used goo gone to get the gunk off there. then washed and waxed and buffed out with windex. hope this helps
Old 05-11-2009, 10:01 PM   #4
commtrd
commtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedcommtrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
commtrd's Tacoma Gallery
'09 trd sport. I will try the hair dryer trick. Thanks.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:49 PM   #5
hawkman is on a distinguished road

hawkman's Tacoma Gallery
dont get frustrated. the glue left behind sometimes takes a while to come out. i found patting it with the same spot on a rag with goo gone on it works too ,kinda like gettin gum off of somethin.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:23 PM   #6
PolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PolishAndWax.com's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by commtrd View Post
How can I remove the trd sport stickers on the sides of the truck at the stern? Without harming the paint?
On a warm to hot day, face the panel you want to work on to the sun for an hour or two and then peel (of course the hair dryer trick works too). Don't use ANYTHING sharp to help you peel the sticker or you might trash the paint.

D-Solve it works pretty good too at removing adhesive. Here's mine after removing TRD stickers and all emblems: