LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Microfiber, Absorber, Chamois....where to buy and how much?

Old 05-12-2009, 06:38 AM   #1
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
Microfiber, Absorber, Chamois....where to buy and how much?

When I wash my truck, I spray it down with the power washer, scrub with a sponge and soap and rinse off with the power washer. Then I let her rip down the road to get the majority of the water off.

Then I let it sit and wash the other vehicle. Yes, it leaves water spots on the paint. When finished with the second vehicle, I moisten a soft clean sponge and go over the truck again to remove the water spots and any missed dirt. Makes it look GREAT!

I would like to replace my clean soft sponge with a microfiber towel of some sort but want one that will last and is fairly inexpensive. I'm looking on eBay and Amazon but am wondering where everyone else got theirs and what you paid. I'm assuming many bought them at the local auto store.

What should I look for (thickness, size, material, etc)? What should I expect to pay? Brands?
Old 05-12-2009, 08:24 AM   #2
1/2 man 1/2 amazing
sooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: A A Ron
sooner07's Tacoma Gallery
Target has really nice microfiber towels for a decent price. Forget the specific price point, but I bought some last year and still use them after washes. I think the brand was zoom or something like that. They come in orange, grey, or yellow.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:30 AM   #3
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
I bought the absorber at Target, you can also find them at most auto parts stores. Target does have some nice microfiber towls for a not too bad price.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:34 AM   #4
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Absorbers and California Blade are the best bang for your buck..... You can get them at any auto parts store.I have 2 absorbers.....and they still work like new(like what Rich said)
Old 05-12-2009, 09:38 AM   #5
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
you could also get out the leaf blower to remove most of the water.

I've got a mr clean spot free washing thing and it works great.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:54 AM   #6
I am the Sofa King
harshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shed

harshest's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.autogeek.net/mictow.html

http://www.autodetailingsolutions.net/x2000.html

Also have some Viking towels which are ok

www.vikingcarcare.com/

Please ditch the sponge and get a microfiber wash mitt unless you like swirl marks.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:00 AM   #7
Simon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Simon2150's Tacoma Gallery
If you have a Sam's Club Membership, you can get a pack of 24 microfibers for 10 bucks. It's in there cleaning section where they sell dish soap etc. I love using microfibers on my vehicles.
http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/nav...=5&item=424641

They come in different colors and I use them all over the house color coded. Orange=inside house only. Blue or Yellow=washing cars/outside stuff.

When they get too old or leaves and other crap get caught in them, I throw them out and buy new ones.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:04 AM   #8
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
you could also get out the leaf blower to remove most of the water.

I've got a mr clean spot free washing thing and it works great.
I never got that mr clean thing to work. NEVER