1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cover for long term storage... Recommendation

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by pacificang, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Apr 19, 2015 at 10:08 AM
    pacificang

pacificang [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Rockport, MA
    Vehicle:
    2002 tacoma Double Cab PreRunner
    I have searched TW site but can find nothing on truck covers... Lots of tonneau covers... So here is my problem... I have to store my car outside in Livermore, CA for the next 5 months and I am shopping for a cover that will protect it... The problem is everyone of the covers I find on the internet get horrible reviews!!! I mean HORRIBLE... Can anyone offer a recommendation??? I have about $150 to spend...

Thanks!!!

2. Apr 19, 2015 at 10:24 AM
    BigBird

BigBird Paddock Rat

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    S.F.Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner
    Go to WallyWorld...buy 2 or 3 of the cheap ones and layer them on....After 5 months,you should be down to the last layer....Problem solved.....

3. Apr 19, 2015 at 7:07 PM
    grunt66

grunt66 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma DBL cab 4X4 off road
    You can go with a cheaper one as stated above but they will be a generic size and not a custom fit vehicle cover. If the Tacoma is going to be left unattended for 5 months I would purchase a custom fit car cover unless you have someone that can watch your vehicle and readjust the cover if it is windy outside. Before I retired from the Marine Corps I had to store one of my vehicles for six months outside while I was deployed to Okinawa Japan. I had a Covercraft Noah car cover that was designed to fit my vehicle. It provides UV protection from the sun , wet weather protection and other features. They are not cheap, I am currently looking at buying a car cover for my Tacoma since it is now parked in the driveway and no longer in the garage. For my Tacoma the cost is almost $300.

When I came back from my deployment my car cover was still firmly attached to my vehicle and those vehicles that had generic fit car covers were either completely off the vehicle or partially attached.

Here is a web site for Covercraft and there chart for the various car covers they sell: http://www.covercraft.com/cartlink/index.php?cust_id=covercraft&prod_id=ccnh#cl-tab-comparison

Another car cover company you can look at is Cover King.

4. Apr 20, 2015 at 7:48 AM
    pacificang

pacificang [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Rockport, MA
    Vehicle:
    2002 tacoma Double Cab PreRunner
    Thanks for your advice !

Products Discussed in

To Top