Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Cleaning Tinted Windows

Old 05-13-2009, 07:10 AM   #1
jwtayl01 is on a distinguished road
jwtayl01's Tacoma Gallery
Cleaning Tinted Windows

I have the front windows tinted with Max Pro. The installer said not to use ammonia based cleaners, Windex etc. I have some stuff in a can from Safelite, seems to be petroleum based. Can I use this stuff on the tinted side? If not what is the best stuff to use? Thanks, Jesse
Old 05-13-2009, 07:24 AM   #2
Inundated is on a distinguished road
Inundated's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwtayl01 View Post
I have the front windows tinted with Max Pro. The installer said not to use ammonia based cleaners, Windex etc. I have some stuff in a can from Safelite, seems to be petroleum based. Can I use this stuff on the tinted side? If not what is the best stuff to use? Thanks, Jesse

Old 05-13-2009, 07:29 AM   #3
jwtayl01 is on a distinguished road
jwtayl01's Tacoma Gallery
Where can you get this stuff, auto parts store? What are the ingredients?
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inundated View Post
Old 05-13-2009, 07:32 AM   #4
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
When you go to the supermarket just go to the cleaner section and look for ammonia free glass cleaner. I use ammonia free windex, no problems with the tint discoloring.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:41 AM   #5
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inundated View Post
x100000000000! i use that in my shop and its the greatest stuff!
Old 05-13-2009, 07:48 AM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I have used Windex and other things with no problems....Most of the time, I just use plain 'ol water.........
Old 05-13-2009, 07:52 AM   #7
Snipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snipe's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I use the Sprayway, I get it from the local hardware store Mclendons or the Do It Center.

When I had my windows in the 4 runner tinted they gave me a can and said don't ever use windex
Old 05-13-2009, 07:53 AM   #8
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
I have a glass cleaner i bought at a parts store, it should say right on the front if it is safe for tinted windows.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:06 AM   #9
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
I hear windex turns tint purple
Old 05-13-2009, 09:14 AM   #10
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Some good ole' elbow grease and water is usually a good bet.

Never use any window cleaners that contain ammonia.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:27 AM   #11
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
use invisible glass cleaner. just spray in the middle once and clean dont spray too much and on the windshield spray two times left and right side
Old 05-13-2009, 02:14 PM   #13
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioso View Post
use invisible glass cleaner. just spray in the middle once and clean dont spray too much and on the windshield spray two times left and right side
x2 INVISIBLE GLASS. Works awesome on tinted, regular and windshields(even if your Windshield is broken)
Old 05-13-2009, 08:27 PM   #15
MattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Matt
MattN03's Tacoma Gallery
Invisible Glass and use a microfiber cloth is the best combo I've ever used. It'll be streak free everytime and is 100% safe for aftermarket window tint film!
Old 05-14-2009, 12:04 AM   #16
Do Work Son!
rossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rossk35's Tacoma Gallery
I normally just use water and a towel although I have used windex a few times.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:35 PM   #17
syds4x4 is on a distinguished road

Name: S.K.
syds4x4's Tacoma Gallery
try this

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwtayl01 View Post
Plexus
Old 07-02-2010, 02:02 PM   #18
syds4x4 is on a distinguished road

Name: S.K.
syds4x4's Tacoma Gallery
purple?

Quote:
I hear windex turns tint purple
the yellow sun and ageing turns film purple most films are dyed red blue yellow which makes grey, yellow fades first cause of the ylw sun leaving red and blue better films having metal properties (sputtered)look better longer but still fade or demetalize
Old 07-02-2010, 02:21 PM   #19
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Plexus, really? I use that on the fenders of my quad to shine it up.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:24 AM   #20
phoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Dennis
phoneguy44's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to phoneguy44
Quote:
X3 except, I spray once top left, once top right