Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

cheap paint?

Old 05-22-2009, 08:33 PM   #1
kris219 is on a distinguished road
Name: Kris
kris219's Tacoma Gallery
cheap paint?

i was washing my car today and i noticed all these little black dots all over the place. some of them i was able to scrub off but a lot of it is too hard to get off. so i was wondering if its just tiny chips in the paint. i kinda got the feeling that toyota either uses cheap paint or they dont lay it on thick enough. does anyone else feel this way.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:37 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
those spots are probably dead bug remains that get embedded in the paint. try a clay bar and see what that does. afterwards, you'll need to polish and wax also. the clay will really clean the paint well.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:44 PM   #3
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
try some dryer sheets to get the bugs off then do what Will (tacomaman06) said
Old 05-23-2009, 07:23 AM   #5
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Are they tiny black balls?

Do you park next to mulched areas?

If Yes - I've heard its from the mulch. Mulch Spores or something.

I get them all the time and its been worse these last couple years. The ones I can't get off, I've been using a clay bar on.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:43 AM   #6
PolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PolishAndWax.com's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris219 View Post
i was washing my car today and i noticed all these little black dots all over the place. some of them i was able to scrub off but a lot of it is too hard to get off. so i was wondering if its just tiny chips in the paint. i kinda got the feeling that toyota either uses cheap paint or they dont lay it on thick enough. does anyone else feel this way.
Try clay or bug and tar remover. Just be sure to wax the areas when you're done as both methods remove wax.

I'm very happy with my Toyota paint.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:57 AM   #7
mneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nice

mneuls's Tacoma Gallery
my truck is like that too. My dad has a older tundra, and he says that it was like that, but the paint seemed to harden up after a few years.