Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Wax removal

Old 04-28-2008, 11:17 PM   #21
Mod Master
pb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the rough

pb2themax's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by morcheez View Post
peanut butter will work no problem ...worked for me
The oil in the Peanut Butter is just covering up the wax. The wax will come back once the oil evaporates.

On textured plastic I use alcohol and tooth brush to get the wax off.

Its a whole lot easier to just be more careful with your wax. Don't apply it so thick, especially when you are getting near plastic.

You could also switch to a different wax. Many synthetic waxes won't leave behind white residue if you accidentally get it on plastic or rubber.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:52 PM   #22
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I did the same damn thing on my truck. First time waxing a vehicle and it was getting dark. Got it on the bed trim, door handles, and a little bit on the weather stripping. Looks like I'm heading to Autozone for some back to black.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:32 PM   #23
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Hui View Post
I did the same damn thing on my truck. First time waxing a vehicle and it was getting dark. Got it on the bed trim, door handles, and a little bit on the weather stripping. Looks like I'm heading to Autozone for some back to black.
that stuff works awesomely!!