Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Wax removal

Old 11-20-2007, 03:54 PM   #1
Jeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to all

Army: Sp4 in Personel Section HQ CO.
Jeff's Tacoma Gallery
Wax removal

While waxing my truck I accidently got some on the factory bed liner. Of course it turned white and looks poor. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get that off.
I have tried 3 or 4 products that said it would remove it but no luck so far.

Jeff
06,V6,6spd, 4x4 Brilliant Red Bone stock still
Old 11-20-2007, 03:58 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
While waxing my truck I accidently got some on the factory bed liner. Of course it turned white and looks poor. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get that off.
I have tried 3 or 4 products that said it would remove it but no luck so far.

Jeff
06,V6,6spd, 4x4 Brilliant Red Bone stock still
go get you some mothers(or maybe its meguiars??) called "back to black".....i guarantee you it will work great man. it will take the wax residue right out, and then bring the black back out.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:13 PM   #3
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
It's Mothers.......good stuff.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:24 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance Costal Div
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

2003greenbean's Tacoma Gallery
peaunut butter should do it
Old 11-20-2007, 04:57 PM   #5
jgunccrugby is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
jgunccrugby's Tacoma Gallery
4wheelparts carres a product that is supposed to do the same thing as the Maguires but says it has a longer life.

Haven't tried either. I talked to a guy at the auto parts store and he said the Maguires only lasts a week or two on trim.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:13 PM   #6
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgunccrugby View Post
4wheelparts carres a product that is supposed to do the same thing as the Maguires but says it has a longer life.

Haven't tried either. I talked to a guy at the auto parts store and he said the Maguires only lasts a week or two on trim.

as for the shine, yes.....it will only last a short while. but it will remove the wax residue for good(or until you wax again and get it all over the trim).
Old 11-20-2007, 05:51 PM   #7
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
I can't top greenbean, classic !
Old 11-20-2007, 06:35 PM   #8
Jeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to all

Jeff's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks to all, mothers and Mequiares sound like it. Of course next time I will run some 3/4" tape along the edge and eliminate my sloppiness.

Jeff
06,V6,6spd, 4x4 SR5 brilliant red.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:59 PM   #9

Quote:
Thanks to all, mothers and Mequiares sound like it. Of course next time I will run some 3/4" tape along the edge and eliminate my sloppiness.

Jeff
06,V6,6spd, 4x4 SR5 brilliant red.
let us know how it turns out,jeff!!!
Old 11-21-2007, 09:41 AM   #10
morcheez is on a distinguished road
morcheez's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to morcheez
peanut butter will work no problem ...worked for me
Old 11-21-2007, 09:52 AM   #11
Zoom-Zoom
gdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud of

gdawg25's Tacoma Gallery
Dave's Insanity hot sauce should do the trick. It might also strip the paint right off your truck. This stuff is even good for removing grease stains off your driveway! If you are bold enough it is great in soups, and chili's or whatever.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:42 AM   #12

Jeff's Tacoma Gallery
yep it will be spring before I get any chance to use the product as old man winter has set in and there won't be any garages available. Thanks again
Old 11-21-2007, 04:12 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdawg25 View Post
Dave's Insanity hot sauce should do the trick. It might also strip the paint right off your truck. This stuff is even good for removing grease stains off your driveway! If you are bold enough it is great in soups, and chili's or whatever.
oh yeah man.....dave's insanity sauce is friggin HOTTT!!! and i love it on some chicken wings!!! not to get off topic.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:16 PM   #14
Zoom-Zoom
gdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud of

gdawg25's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
oh yeah man.....dave's insanity sauce is friggin HOTTT!!! and i love it on some chicken wings!!! not to get off topic.
There seems to be a lot of the going on on this site - getting off topic that is, but yeah I love that shit, I put it on almost everything! Except cereal, hahaha. I am sure it would work at getting wax off though. On the label of the bottle there is a warning and at the bottom is says it will even strip unwanted grease off your driveway! You know its hot when it says that.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:15 PM   #15
LL7 is a jewel in the roughLL7 is a jewel in the roughLL7 is a jewel in the roughLL7 is a jewel in the rough
LL7's Tacoma Gallery
It won't help you this time, but in the future use Zano. It doesn't leave the white film on black plastic parts, so it saves a lot of time putting it on.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:38 AM   #16

Jeff's Tacoma Gallery
What is Zano and do local auto carry that, I am not familiar with that at all.

Jeff
06,V6.6spd SR5
Old 11-22-2007, 06:36 AM   #17
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
A friend of mine has a show car and tapes it off as if to paint it when he ready for wax-a day later he's all done !
Old 11-22-2007, 08:36 AM   #18
LL7 is a jewel in the roughLL7 is a jewel in the roughLL7 is a jewel in the roughLL7 is a jewel in the rough
LL7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What is Zano and do local auto carry that, I am not familiar with that at all.

Jeff
06,V6.6spd SR5
Zaino is a company that makes waxes and other car care products. In my first post I misspelled it, so I imagine your searches came up empty-sorry.

The store is here http://www.zainostore.com/. I haven't seen it at the auto parts stores, but I haven't looked in a few years.

On an clear coat finish you want the Z-2 wax/polish. I use the ZFX accelerator, but I am not sure it is needed (it costs as much as the polish for a tiny little tube). It seems to work as well as any other wax and it leaves no residue on the black parts. I even use it on the headlights and chrome.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:19 AM   #19

Jeff's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks will check it out
Jeff
Old 01-11-2008, 03:38 PM   #20
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Smile Hope this helps!

Auto Zone has a variety of products to bring the black back!