Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Power Coating 2-Tone??

Old 06-17-2009, 04:35 PM   #2
lasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant future
Navy: Lead PO Submarine Reactor Control Dvision
lasllc's Tacoma Gallery
You take your truck on gravel roads any ?

That powder coating is not cheap and really is not that good in hostile environments.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:02 PM   #4
lasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant future
lasllc's Tacoma Gallery
Apparently you dont really understand what is involved in a quality powder coat job that some on can stand behind.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:02 AM   #6
lasllc's Tacoma Gallery
He's looking at doing each wheel twice - 100 sounds bout right.
2 colors, doing each wheel twice.
Re-cleaning, taping, spraying and baking twice.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:00 AM   #7
nytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
nytmarecoma88's Tacoma Gallery
i used to work at a shop n i powdercoated alot, we charged 125 a wheel but its alot more work than u think, as far as two tone, 'wet coat' is wut u will need to do, but thats going to be alot more expensive, but be careful of the cheap shops, they often dont even clean the wheels up, just powder over everything
Old 06-19-2009, 08:26 AM   #9
GoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to all

Air Force: Load Toad (462/2W1)
Name: Jon
GoBlueFan's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a local coater here that is fast, cheap and does great work. I've been using them to coat bike parts for several years now. I've never priced a car/truck wheel with them, but they do motorcycle wheels for $40 ea. That would be for basic colors that they do all the time or are doing at the moment.

The two coat/or color is a lot more involved. I'll be painting mine when I get them. NO rattle can either...actual automotive paint with a catalyst.