Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Black Badges

Old 06-23-2009, 05:17 PM   #1
2006_TOY_TACO is on a distinguished road

2006_TOY_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Black Badges

Is there a place or site i could just buy black badges from instead of using paint. I dont want to have to worry about the paint fading or peeling or scratching or whatever. Just an idea....anyone know of anything?
Old 06-23-2009, 05:18 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
my best guess is to try ebay, although i have looked there a good while back,and didnt find anything. mine have been painted for close to a year, no fading whatsoever.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:18 PM   #3
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
you can always take them to get professionally painted just a thought
Old 06-23-2009, 05:19 PM   #4
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, what Will said, most people here paint'em themselves, some even use herculiner and all that stuff
Old 06-23-2009, 05:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
yeah, what Will said, most people here paint'em themselves, some even use herculiner and all that stuff

What is herculiner?
Old 06-23-2009, 05:26 PM   #6
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I swear by the Krylon Fusion for plastics...its tuff sh*t. Just put on 3 coats and you'll be golden!!
Old 06-23-2009, 05:27 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_TOY_TACO View Post
What is herculiner?
its a type of roll on/spray on bed liner.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:30 PM   #8

Alright thanks.... I think im gonna prolly still do the krylon plastic paint. Everyone seems to be doing okay with it. Im tired of looking for black badges already...haha.

Just dont want the badges to look like shit in the long run is all.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:54 AM   #9
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Take the badges off the truck using waxed dental floss...it works wonders I hear. Take pics when your finished
Old 06-24-2009, 11:55 AM   #11
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnecon2001 View Post
You can buy BSP badges from Toyota. They come standard on black XRunners.
That will be a small fortune.

Just follow this DYI thread I made awhile back. It was like the first mod I ever did. Very simple...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/det...e-badging.html
Old 06-25-2009, 06:34 AM   #12
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socolax91 View Post
That will be a small fortune.

Just follow this DYI thread I made awhile back. It was like the first mod I ever did. Very simple...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/det...e-badging.html

Can you further define what "a small fortune" would be. I'm just curisous. I already blacked out my badges.......
Old 06-25-2009, 07:11 AM   #13
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketball View Post
Can you further define what "a small fortune" would be. I'm just curisous. I already blacked out my badges.......
Everything from the dealership is expensive. I have never seen that sells them. The only thing I think they might sell is a color matched X-Runner badge.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:25 AM   #14
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socolax91 View Post
Everything from the dealership is expensive. I have never seen that sells them. The only thing I think they might sell is a color matched X-Runner badge.
Well, even though a dealership may not sell them over the counter at the parts department, they would have to be made available to sell to body shops to repair accident damaged trucks. Maybe another source to get them........

BTW..... it's my understanding that it's federal law that a manufacturer make all parts available for 10 after the production date of the vehicle.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:34 AM   #15
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottcrumley24 View Post
I swear by the Krylon Fusion for plastics...its tuff sh*t. Just put on 3 coats and you'll be golden!!
x2 ive had it on for about a year and no chippibg or fading