Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

All black truck? Ideas...

Old 06-28-2009, 04:14 PM   #1
Fr3eWill is on a distinguished road
Fr3eWill's Tacoma Gallery
All black truck? Ideas...

trying to get my rims black but thinking of sanding my rims, prime it then paint it black..
Also black tool box...
Any more ideas?
Old 06-28-2009, 04:17 PM   #2
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of wheels do you have? Steelies?

BHLM
Old 06-28-2009, 04:20 PM   #3
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
here ya go.....

Old 07-02-2009, 10:02 PM   #4
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I primed mine and painted 'em black aswell...looks sic IMO
Old 07-02-2009, 10:34 PM   #5
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
all i did to paint my rims (on my second set of painted rims) was to make sure i had a clean surface..no sanding, buffing, or anything crazy like that..light coats of primer to begin with..im a penny pincher so i used basic stuff bought from Wal-mart..i used Kyrlon's Ultra Flat Black on my first set..stock wheels..i would suggest using Krylon spray paint if you choose to use spray paint..easy to work with, dry's to the touch in about 10-15 minutes, and it's cheap..3 bucks a can...plus, you can spray another coat on in about an hour...after each weekend it was easy to touch up all the rock rash on the rims ..did i mention Krylon is easy to work with?...

here's a pic of my old painted stock rims...

and here's a pic of my new rims (bought used) they were a bronze color..didn't think that was going to look good with my soon to be Darth Vadar look (all black) haha...so i painted them black...same method as above but instead i used Krylon's Satin finish..came out really good i think...
Old 07-06-2009, 10:01 AM   #6
nytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
nytmarecoma88's Tacoma Gallery
my comas almost all black, my wheels are gettin powdercoated now, with a little bit of metal flake, to match the black sand pearl