Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Easiest Way to Remove TRD Sticker?

Old 07-05-2009, 10:36 PM   #1
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Easiest Way to Remove TRD Sticker?

Would like to remove the TRD Stickers from my truck, whats the easiest way to do it w.o scratching the paint?
Old 07-05-2009, 10:49 PM   #2
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
I believe most everyone just heats the sticker up with a hair dryer then peels the sticker off.... then use "goo-gone" to remove the residue (if any)
Old 07-05-2009, 11:03 PM   #3
jeeters79 is on a distinguished road

jeeters79's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05PreRunner View Post
I believe most everyone just heats the sticker up with a hair dryer then peels the sticker off.... then use "goo-gone" to remove the residue (if any)
+1 on that. I used to detail cars, that is by far the safest and easiest method. Get it nice and toasty & it should peel off real easy... Also make sure to polish the area around it afterwards - underneath the sticker wil be all perfectly smooth, unlike the surround (tiny scratches from washing, brush, ect.) That'll make the removal flawless.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:12 AM   #4
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Don't even need to heat it, though that does help.

I did mine on a 70 degree overcast day...just get an edge started and they peel without any trouble. Goo gone, windex, whatever to clean up the residue. Just make sure you're not using something that's gonna strip your clearcoat/paint (i.e. no TURPENTINE).
Old 07-13-2009, 08:01 PM   #6
hockey1chick is on a distinguished road
hockey1chick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunctnlretard View Post
Would like to remove the TRD Stickers from my truck, whats the easiest way to do it w.o scratching the paint?
Are u talking about the 'tacoma' sticker on the side of the door? i want to get that removed too ---so hair dryer but what and how do i start peeling it off?!
Old 07-13-2009, 08:30 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey1chick View Post
Are u talking about the 'tacoma' sticker on the side of the door? i want to get that removed too ---so hair dryer but what and how do i start peeling it off?!
That's de-badging.

Use heat + fishing line to cut the adhesive behind the badge.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:09 PM   #9
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
A plastic razor blage helps a ton...I used one when debadging and removing the TRD stickers, then cleaned it all off with goo gone
Old 07-14-2009, 10:11 PM   #10
militaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to behold

militaco's Tacoma Gallery
fingernails and goo gone.......its not that hard.....good luck and you'll find you're sweating over nothing.