1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Scratches on a black truck

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by j_cyrus, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Jul 18, 2009 at 6:07 PM
    j_cyrus

j_cyrus [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rickman TN
    My truck is in decent shape to be a 99, not any deep scratches. I was just wondering what the best wax would be to use on this truck? I can run a buffer, but I WILL NOT be putting a buffer on this truck. I don't want to mess with getting the swirls out of it.

I need something that will fill in the smaller scratches. Thanks.

2. Jul 20, 2009 at 8:41 AM
    rb11701

rb11701 Oh yeah!

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    '09 Silver Streak TRD Off-Road
    Rear Suspension TSB, DTRL Mod, aFe Pro-Dry S,USA Spec PA15-TOY iPod Adapter, Dynolock Tailgate Lock, UltraGauge OBDII Scanner, CoverKing Neoprene Seat Covers
    Are you looking for just a wax that you put on and it will kide your imperfections? If so, Gold Class or NXT 2.0 by Meguair's would probally work. If you are looking for a better finish and want to use some elbow grease, you should look into a good polish. Work that good and then wax, you will definately have better results. THe finish on your paint is all in the prep. Just depends on how much work you want to put into it.

3. Jul 20, 2009 at 12:03 PM
    wahchile

wahchile Well-Known Member

Member:
    Aurora, IL
    Vehicle:
    09 Dcab 4x4
    If you want to hide the swirls a bit, you could put on a glaze before the wax. It'll shine it up and hide some imperfections at the same time. A couple popular ones for black are Poorboy's Black Hole and Clearkote Red Moose Glaze.

For the wax I'd reccommend Collinite 845 Insulator Wax, you can find it at Harbor Freight for around $15. It's really durable, and it goes on and off easily. If you want more of a beauty wax, Natty blue is a good choice.

4. Jul 27, 2009 at 11:32 AM
    bb609

bb609 O.F.

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD Sport Access Cab
    FOX 2 1/2" CO's STOCK UCA's - They used to be Icons! Icons suck!!! TSB Rear w/Bilstein 5100's - Air Lift System - Leer 550 Bedcover - Ventshades - Yota Bed Mat - Sheepskins!!! - Weathertechs
    Turtle Wax Black Wax will help a lot. It doesn't last very long though, like once a month kinda wax. The good thing is you can wax EVERYTHING and it won't show. I use it on my red truck just to clean up the plastic where normal wax turns it white.

5. Jul 27, 2009 at 11:35 AM
    1sicktaco

1sicktaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD DC
    meguires

Products Discussed in

To Top