Notices

water vs. waterless

View Poll Results: flkh;HSFDCBR
waterless? 3 6.98%
water? 40 93.02%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-20-2009, 11:39 AM   #1
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
water vs. waterless

which do you perfer to wash your truck with?

like di water?
or hose water?
or have you ever tried the meguiars last touch waterless spray detailer?

(i personally use the waterless.. its clean and easy)
Old 07-20-2009, 11:48 AM   #2
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
hose water with zymol care soap
Old 07-20-2009, 11:53 AM   #3
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
In CA I'm seeing advertisements not to wash your truck in a place where the water drains to the gutter - In other words- go to a car wash or wash so that your lawn filters the water. The problem they are pointing to is copper (from brake dust) in the sea - detrimental to the fish! I like fish. I like copper. But I don't like copper fish!
Old 07-20-2009, 11:57 AM   #4
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
haha
Old 07-20-2009, 12:00 PM   #5
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
I went to a car wash on Saturday, My antenna is now gone for good.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:51 PM   #6
wahchile is a glorious beacon of lightwahchile is a glorious beacon of lightwahchile is a glorious beacon of lightwahchile is a glorious beacon of lightwahchile is a glorious beacon of light
wahchile's Tacoma Gallery
Check out Optimum No Rinse. You can wash your car with about 2 gallons of water without rinsing very quickly.

It's also great in the winter for getting the salt/grime off inside your garage and out of the weather.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:46 PM   #8
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
I picked up some Armor-All Wash n Wax at Autozone the other day, and that stuff is pretty good. It doesn't stay foamy like Cherry Power did, but still does a good job. I also picked up some Meguiars Quik Detailer, and that stuff is pretty good also. I save my Zaino for a once a month job.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:10 PM   #9
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
I only fully *wash* my truck when the wax has worn off (you can tell this by the behavior of water on the exterior). It gets a weekly rinse, vacuum, and de-bug-gutsing. If I had to estimate, I'd say a full wash 5 to 6 times per year.

I do a full detail (wash, clay, wax, detail interior) about once a year.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:34 PM   #10
Oh yeah!
rb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rob
rb11701's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahchile View Post
Check out Optimum No Rinse. You can wash your car with about 2 gallons of water without rinsing very quickly.

It's also great in the winter for getting the salt/grime off inside your garage and out of the weather.

Even better:
http://www.chemicalguys.com/Waterles..._p/wac_107.htm

No water what' so ever!
Old 08-03-2009, 01:23 AM   #11
JJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt (Advisor Instructor 0311)
Name: Jay
JJ Customs's Tacoma Gallery
I do a full wash behind my house every two weeks. I paste wax 3 to 4 times a year and wipe down after every wash to remove water spots.