Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Water Spots What should I do ?

Old 07-23-2009, 11:38 AM   #1
2001Tacoma is on a distinguished road
2001Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Water Spots What should I do ?

I have water spots on the exterior privacy windows on a 2001 xtra-cab. I have washed, wax the glass an the spots are still there. Any suggestions as to how to remove them ?
Thnx
Old 07-23-2009, 01:57 PM   #4
NAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NAAC3TACO's Tacoma Gallery
I use steel wool and glass cleaner. Only on glass though!
Old 07-23-2009, 02:25 PM   #5
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Vinegar should do the trick
Old 07-24-2009, 08:23 AM   #6
I tried the vinigar today,,,,,,it didnt do anything, I will try to get a glass cleaner this weekend I guess. Thnx for the great info guys.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:33 AM   #7
PolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PolishAndWax.com's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001Tacoma View Post
I have water spots on the exterior privacy windows on a 2001 xtra-cab. I have washed, wax the glass an the spots are still there. Any suggestions as to how to remove them ?
Thnx
A high-quality polish will take that off easily. You can try SYSTEM ONE X3 Cutting Polish and if it doesn't work, I'll buy it back from you.

We have the sample bottles on sale for $4.95.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:04 PM   #8
Time to get dirty!
monoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dave
monoman's Tacoma Gallery
Try Spot-X. You can get it at The Home depot & it's not expensive....this stuff works great! I had really bad water spots on my windows when I first got my truck & this stuff really worked well.....
Old 08-05-2009, 04:23 PM   #9
I will give it a try, thank you Mono
Old 08-05-2009, 04:30 PM   #10
socal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Diego
socal16's Tacoma Gallery
get a acid wash done on it or just buy water spot remover and do it yourself, a detail shop should have it its like ten
Old 08-05-2009, 06:47 PM   #11
militaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to behold

militaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishAndWax.com View Post
A high-quality polish will take that off easily. You can try SYSTEM ONE X3 Cutting Polish and if it doesn't work, I'll buy it back from you.

We have the sample bottles on sale for $4.95.

How can you beat that deal?
Old 08-05-2009, 08:05 PM   #12
PolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PolishAndWax.com's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by militaco View Post
How can you beat that deal?
Maybe if we made it free?
Old 08-06-2009, 10:31 AM   #13
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Spot X from Home Depot...I did mine 3 years ago and now just use Rain-X on my windows and hand dry my truck after washes:

Old 08-25-2009, 10:42 AM   #14
Silver06Taco is on a distinguished road
Silver06Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a product that really works. A buddy just used it on a 68 Camaro window with really bad water spots. He didn't buy it at this link, it's just what came up in a Google search. He got it locally at a window/glass shop.

A-Maz
Old 09-01-2009, 10:51 AM   #15
Certified Smartass
FuzzyTaco is a name known to allFuzzyTaco is a name known to allFuzzyTaco is a name known to allFuzzyTaco is a name known to allFuzzyTaco is a name known to allFuzzyTaco is a name known to all

Name: `
FuzzyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not entirely sure where I heard this before, but if you have some good rubbing compound, and rub it on the glass with a microfiber towel, you can get those waterspots out. I've done it a couple times on a couple cars and it works like magic.