Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Light Colored Trucks - Paint that Pinch Weld!

Old 07-26-2009, 01:29 PM   #1
O.F.
bb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: JFK Center, Fort Bragg, NC
bb609's Tacoma Gallery
Light Colored Trucks - Paint that Pinch Weld!

Warning! After reading this, you may never look at a Tacoma the same way ever again!

This is a dupe.....from about 5 years ago on TTORA although I haven't seen it posted on here so here goes. But first, besides giving credit to the previous poster on TTORA, I want to recognize the guy who invented blue painters tape. My hero!

So, here's a few pics that I vadered to show some really nice trucks (last one is my old truck).

Nice trucks eh? But wait! What's that slag hanging off the bottom of the cab?

Why it's the nasty crude ugly looking pinch weld!

What to do? Cut it off? Nope. Paint it!

Tape it up, light sand (I used steel wool) and clean with rubbing alcohol to remove wax and crud. I sprayed mine with 3M undercoat spray along both sides of the pinch weld so you get the added benefit of sealing it from the elements as well.

Are you following me camera guy???

Final results (pardon the wax).

No more pinch weld!

The sun hasn't come out in 2 weeks around here so the pics of my red truck don't show the change very well but hopefully you get the idea. Here's a few pics of my '03.

So, whaddya think?
Old 07-26-2009, 01:32 PM   #2
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
nice post it looks alot better
Old 07-26-2009, 09:32 PM   #3
"Let's Ride!"
Padilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant future

Name: Daniel
Padilla1880's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, that actually looks good. A lot more cleaner! Never really given any thought to that.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:36 PM   #4
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Great mod. Love it
Old 07-26-2009, 09:52 PM   #5
CometKat is a jewel in the roughCometKat is a jewel in the roughCometKat is a jewel in the rough
CometKat's Tacoma Gallery
I did this mod within a month of owning my truck. Id say do this on any color except black

Old 07-28-2009, 05:24 AM   #6
URBIKESUCKS is on a distinguished road

Army: US ARMY RECRUITER GATEWAY MALL
Name: Ron
URBIKESUCKS's Tacoma Gallery
good job

I hate looking at the sides of the truck and seing that area, will be painting it black as well.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:01 PM   #8
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
I painted my pinch weld today! Looks 10x better and the wife even noticed.

Old 09-21-2009, 09:05 PM   #9
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty cool. What are those screws on that one for?
Old 09-21-2009, 09:23 PM   #10
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefed Taco View Post
Pretty cool. What are those screws on that one for?
Are you talking about mine? Not sure what screws you are talking about.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:50 AM   #11
TRDfarmerTN is on a distinguished road
TRDfarmerTN's Tacoma Gallery
what is the best things use paint wise???
Old 10-01-2009, 08:25 AM   #12
SunSeTacO
t100bobo is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Senior Airman
t100bobo's Tacoma Gallery
I'm gunna do this to my black '04 taco!!! Seriously, good write-up!
Old 10-12-2009, 02:13 PM   #13
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t100bobo View Post
I'm gunna do this to my black '04 taco!!! Seriously, good write-up!
aren't your pinch welds already black?
Old 10-12-2009, 02:17 PM   #14
Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!
NraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
Why? Why do you need to show me this? I was fine before. Living everyday without noticing. Now, Now I have to fix this. Oh wait, my truck is BSP. You know, the best color ever!! But seriously, looks great on the other colors. Nice post.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:25 PM   #15
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Im confused....aren't the black tacoma's pinch welds already black? I may/could be wrong
Old 10-12-2009, 02:27 PM   #16
Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!
NraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnysrt2004 View Post
Im confused....aren't the black tacoma's pinch welds already black? I may/could be wrong
SARCASM!!
Old 10-12-2009, 02:28 PM   #17

jonny's Tacoma Gallery
interwebz owns me!
haha
Old 09-26-2011, 09:45 AM   #19
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
A lot cleaner looking. Never really given any thought to that. Great mod. Love it. You on the other hand just gave me more work to do.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:54 AM   #20
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tacoman15's Tacoma Gallery
what is the best paint to use?