1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Turtle Wax Ice

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by NateH., Sep 6, 2009.

1. Sep 6, 2009 at 9:39 PM
    NateH.

NateH. [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4x4 Longbed TRD Sport Magnetic Gray
    Wanted to write a small review on ICE. Heard good and bad (more good than bad though)I really was impressed that you can use the stuff on plastic, rubber, chrome and not run into the traditional problems with residue or white on rubber/plastic pieces. I used to be a hardcore clean freak with my vehicles. Recently got a new truck so the bug has come back. I still think that doing the traditional clay bar and a high quality paste wax will give you the longest lasting protection but with ICE you can put it on very quickly and the shine is great! I will get some pics up soon, but you all know what a shiny Taco looks like. If you are looking for a product that falls in between spray wax and a traditional paste wax for looks and durability try ICE. I will post back to let everyone know how long it lasts and how long I get beading. I recommend it, just remember this isn't a miracle product, but still worth trying due to ease of use. Plus it smells nice lol

2. Sep 6, 2009 at 9:45 PM
    DanGer

DanGer Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    Ya I love the stuff. I do all my fender flares and bumpers with it too

3. Sep 22, 2009 at 11:23 AM
    Yesterdayz

Yesterdayz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Port Jeff Station. NY
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    Got my Taco a month and a half ago, Want to give it a quick wax before the winter gets here. Looking to do this within the next month. Going to give it a try, Hopefully it will hold up for a few months of cold weather.

4. Sep 22, 2009 at 1:47 PM
    Agent475

Agent475 "Mark It Zero"

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Hood Struts, 3" Tuff Country Lift, Shortie Antenna, WeatherTechs, Tinted front windows, custom TRD seat covers, custom pedals, debadged, custom USMC badging, quasi-functional hoodscoop (i.e. I cut it open), black front Yota emblem, Tailgate Theft-Prevention mod, Horn Relocation mod, Old Man Emu Carrier Bearing Drop, Brighter Backup Lights Mod, Smittybilt Reciever Hitch Tow Point, currently working on Satoshi Grill Mod
    I love TW Ice.

5. Sep 23, 2009 at 4:55 AM
    Yesterdayz

Yesterdayz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Port Jeff Station. NY
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    Question...How often do you need to wax your truck with TW Ice? Does it last as long as normal wax?

6. Sep 23, 2009 at 5:24 AM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    I use the detail spray almost every week, I picked up the wax but have yet to try it. So far, I like it too.

7. Sep 26, 2009 at 11:42 PM
    Apathybot

Apathybot Penguin

Member:
    Vegas
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB : 4x4 : 6spd : SR5
    Weathertechs, Costco Seat Covers, Extang Trifecta, Firestone 2407, Tekonsha Prodigy P3
    I have used it on my wife's 2006 Liberty, it was extremely easy to apply and really brought out to shine on the plastics [door handles, roof rack, etc.] as well as the paint. I plan to give the Taco its first coat tomorrow, being as Sunday is carwash day around here. :)

If it works for my Taco as well as the Jeep I could limit a thorough paste waxing to every three months instead of once a month. My Tacoma has just rolled over 1000 miles so the factory wax hasn't let up quite yet. I like the ease of use that TW Ice has.

Products Discussed in

To Top