Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Turtle Wax Ice

Old 09-06-2009, 10:39 PM   #1
NateH. is on a distinguished road
Name: Nathan
NateH.'s Tacoma Gallery
Turtle Wax Ice

Wanted to write a small review on ICE. Heard good and bad (more good than bad though)I really was impressed that you can use the stuff on plastic, rubber, chrome and not run into the traditional problems with residue or white on rubber/plastic pieces. I used to be a hardcore clean freak with my vehicles. Recently got a new truck so the bug has come back. I still think that doing the traditional clay bar and a high quality paste wax will give you the longest lasting protection but with ICE you can put it on very quickly and the shine is great! I will get some pics up soon, but you all know what a shiny Taco looks like. If you are looking for a product that falls in between spray wax and a traditional paste wax for looks and durability try ICE. I will post back to let everyone know how long it lasts and how long I get beading. I recommend it, just remember this isn't a miracle product, but still worth trying due to ease of use. Plus it smells nice lol
Old 09-06-2009, 10:45 PM   #2
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Ya I love the stuff. I do all my fender flares and bumpers with it too
Old 09-22-2009, 12:23 PM   #3
Yesterdayz is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
Yesterdayz's Tacoma Gallery
Got my Taco a month and a half ago, Want to give it a quick wax before the winter gets here. Looking to do this within the next month. Going to give it a try, Hopefully it will hold up for a few months of cold weather.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:55 AM   #5
Yesterdayz is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
Yesterdayz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent475 View Post
I love TW Ice.
Question...How often do you need to wax your truck with TW Ice? Does it last as long as normal wax?
Old 09-27-2009, 12:42 AM   #7
Wrench Ninja
Apathybot is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Crew Chief
Apathybot's Tacoma Gallery
I have used it on my wife's 2006 Liberty, it was extremely easy to apply and really brought out to shine on the plastics [door handles, roof rack, etc.] as well as the paint. I plan to give the Taco its first coat tomorrow, being as Sunday is carwash day around here.

If it works for my Taco as well as the Jeep I could limit a thorough paste waxing to every three months instead of once a month. My Tacoma has just rolled over 1000 miles so the factory wax hasn't let up quite yet. I like the ease of use that TW Ice has.