Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Stains in seat

Old 09-27-2009, 09:34 AM   #1
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
tarheelfan_08's Tacoma Gallery
Stains in seat

I have got some stains in my seats and I am trying to get them out! I have been trying to get them out for about 3 months now so they are set in pretty good! Does anybody got an idea as to how to get these out?? Or something very strong and good to use??
Old 09-27-2009, 09:37 AM   #2
jwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of light

Name: JW
jwhelan's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same problem, mesh seats?
Old 09-27-2009, 09:39 AM   #4
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhelan View Post
I have the same problem, mesh seats?
Kind off! They are the first generation seats!
Old 09-27-2009, 09:42 AM   #5
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
It's a matter of trial and error.....

Get some carpet & upholstery cleaners at the store - you know, the ones that you spray on, vacuum off, etc. You may want to let it soak and actually use some water and 'scrub' a bit. If that doesn't work - then move onto other chemical cleaners. Steam cleaning would probably work but I don't know how expensive they are to even rent....??

Get yourself some seat covers !
Old 09-27-2009, 07:45 PM   #6
Priest1968 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Retired, 21 Year Airfield Manager
Name: Fern
Priest1968's Tacoma Gallery
Try Spot Shot, follow up with a little green clean machine.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:03 PM   #7
Boot is on a distinguished road

Boot's Tacoma Gallery
I had the same problem with my 2006 Taco. I bought a 2010 Taco and now the stains are all gone..
Old 06-24-2010, 05:11 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance

I am trying to get some stains out of my seats! Stains are a little bit of sweat, water, soda, Gatorade etc(all the normal stuff a guy could get on the seats). I tried steam cleaning and it did not work, I tried spot shot and it did not work, I want to get these stains out asap, someone please inform me of what to buy, where I can get it, and how to use it if at all possible! My interior seats are a tan color! Please help asap!!!!!!
Old 06-24-2010, 05:12 PM   #9
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
x2 on Spot Shot |OR| try Windex (or another glass cleaner...not too much, you'll leave behind a blue stain).
Old 06-24-2010, 05:13 PM   #10
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Oxi clean

it really does a fucking good job, Im not joking
Old 06-24-2010, 05:13 PM   #11
Trap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trap's Tacoma Gallery
Oxyclean or similar.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:42 PM   #13
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelfan_08 View Post
What about woolite oxy deep
I re-read your posts (and noticed that you tried Spot Shot already...). I used generic Windex on my stains, and they came out...tan interior as well. If you do it, try it in an inconspicuous spot first to make sure it won't screw up your upholstery. Good luck man!
Old 06-24-2010, 05:43 PM   #14
Carolina Alliance

And dosent oxy clean got bleach in it?? send a pic of what the oxy clean bottle looks like and how to do it!
Old 06-24-2010, 07:12 PM   #15
Trap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trap's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
oxy clean got bleach in it??
No bleach. It's basically a water softener so any thing organic is attacked. Windex type chemicals also work really well but you want to find a clear windex. The food coloring in it might stain.

A paste of oxyclean will eat anything that is organic. It should not stain but you can try it on a hidden spot first.

I don't use Oxyclean I use a generic one that seems to work better.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:15 PM   #16
Carolina Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap View Post
No bleach. It's basically a water softener so any thing organic is attacked. Windex type chemicals also work really well but you want to find a clear windex. The food coloring in it might stain.

A paste of oxyclean will eat anything that is organic. It should not stain but you can try it on a hidden spot first.

I don't use Oxyclean I use a generic one that seems to work better.
Whats it called??
Old 06-24-2010, 07:26 PM   #17

Trap's Tacoma Gallery
Hell if I know. Just go to a big food store and look around where they sell Oxyclean. Grab the generic one. A lot of companies make that stuff. It's not new in fact it's like 100 years old. Oxyclean made it famous again. I'm telling ya it's just water softener.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:52 AM   #18
Carolina Alliance

Ok, so I got in my car this morning and from where I sprayed spot shot, their is now a ring! Please someone help me and tell me what I can use that will get these seats looking brand new! Tan seats! I want to go at lunch today and get some stuff to clean it tonight!
Old 06-25-2010, 07:32 AM   #20
Carolina Alliance

A buddy who works at a car place told me to come by and get some lacquer thinner, he said it will work great! Anyone know about this stuff??