Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

TIP: Removing Wax from Trim

Old 09-27-2009, 10:05 AM   #1
Seniore Marcos
Snyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant future
Snyperx's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Snyperx Send a message via Yahoo to Snyperx Send a message via Skype™ to Snyperx
Lightbulb TIP: Removing Wax from Trim

I am not sure if anyone has posted this, but I have a great way to removing wax from black trim. Try using a mars eraser. I have used this numerous times to remove wax from the black plastic trim on my truck. Works great!!!!

Old 09-27-2009, 10:06 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Good info!! Thanks
Old 09-27-2009, 10:42 AM   #3
JKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
I've used the peanut-butter trick in the past, and it has worked well.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:56 AM   #4
Seniore Marcos
Snyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant future
Snyperx's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Snyperx Send a message via Yahoo to Snyperx Send a message via Skype™ to Snyperx
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
I've used the peanut-butter trick in the past, and it has worked well.
The thing with the peanut butter trick is that you really aren't getting rid of the wax, but just covering it up with the oil in the peanut butter. The peanut oil wets the wax making it blend in with the trim. The mars eraser actually rubs the wax off of the trim.